Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Military efficiency  (Read 4292 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Military efficiency
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 07:59:07 am »

Copper is OK for your military (I used it for ages and my dorfs could take down pretty much anything), but iron is much better. Iron ore is much rarer, but you can always use goblinite (i.e. melting down goblins' equipment).

I have only seen copper twice. I have seen iron more times then I have seen microline.
I would say lucky but I remember a time I embarked on a mountain made of magnetite for like 15 z-levels and at lest 5 other levels were limestone. On the flip side I see copper almost every embark as it is either a shallow metal or a rare deep metal. What pisses me off is galena its everywhere I go. I know silver makes good bolts and hammers but come on! I usually have enough lead bins to last me the life of my fortress!
Make lead flasks to replace waterskins.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 08:25:56 am »

Lead bins? Oh boy. Doesn't it take ages to move them anywhere?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 08:33:18 am »

Lead bins? Oh boy. Doesn't it take ages to move them anywhere?
Yes, Yes it does. However try them some time and tell me it is hard to reclaim. They barely move on the map. Another bonus is that it is a good use of lead and the dwarfs for some reason don't usually haul it out to pick things up and bring them back.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 10:07:03 am »

Gee, I wonder why they don't drag big lead boxes out with them on hualing duty...
Pages: 1 [2]