Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Dark Forest (Suggestion Game)  (Read 567 times)

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Dark Forest (Suggestion Game)
« on: August 31, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »

You are in an extremely dark forest. You are unsure why, how, and when you got here. Part of you doesn't even want to know. The only sounds you can hear are the beating of your heart, and the chirping of crickets. Otherwise, it is silent.

[Okay, when I type in these brackets, it either means that I'm talking off topic, or giving you a hint.]

You hear a creak to the west, or at least, you think it's the west. You're not quite sure anymore. The trees seem to be closing in on you. Perhaps you should start moving, or maybe you want to check out where you are now first.

[Objects scattered around the forest help you remember your past, try to find them! Anything man-made is a past-rememberance Object]

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: A Dark Forest (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »

First off, let's try the old moss-north trick.  looking up, can I see any sunlight or easily climbable tree?  Also I would like to do an inventory of my posessions and grab a sturdy chest high walking stick that doubles as a weapon.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »

First off, let's try the old moss-north trick.  looking up, can I see any sunlight or easily climbable tree?  Also I would like to do an inventory of my posessions and grab a sturdy chest high walking stick that doubles as a weapon.

Unfortunately, the trees are all much higher than you can climb. A bit like the trees in that... That place you used to live.
(!#MEMORY UNLOCKED#!)

There is *some* sunlight, but it only comes down in small glints, illuminating parts of the forest. It illuminates a small, humanoid figure on the dirt floor. It doesn't appear to be moving.

You check your pockets for a while. Your hand closes onto a large, cold, metallic object. It seems to be circular.

You break a branch off of the tree, and give it a swing to test it out.
It'll do.

What next?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 04:16:50 pm »

Walk cautiously over to the humanoid.  Grunt loudly.
Upon no response poke it.
If still nothing check briefly for a pulse.  Then examine the figure carefully.  Then loot it.
If no loot but clothing, see if I can tie a makeshift backpack out of his tunic-thing
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:22:04 pm »

You creep over to the small humanoid cautiously. Opening your mouth, you let out a loud grunt. It doesn't move.

You creep further towards the thing, pushing your stick out in front of you. You poke the figure, and it's arm falls off. The shatter startles you, and you back away quickly. When you go back, the humanoid appears to be gone. There are a few pieces of porcelain on the ground, however.

The pieces make you think of the old doll you used to have back when you were... What, 3, 4? It always used to terrify you so.
(!#MEMORY UNLOCKED#!)

What now?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 04:40:55 pm »

Determine the best I can the time of day.  Asses my clothing for it protective value, both in melee and the weather.  Can I tear something off if it suits me?
Walk in the Direction I presume is west, looking for a brook, a break in the trees, food, living animal, or a cave.  Hopefully my judgement will help me find some basic need and not leave me stranded at night.
PKs DF Mod!