Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Draining vampire blood into water?  (Read 709 times)

Ass_Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Draining vampire blood into water?
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:01:25 am »

Ideas to put a vampire's blood into water?

I tried building a little 3x3 pond with upright training spears and a bigger pool of water connected to it, a bridge a z-level above the spears, retract the bridge with the vampire on it, and let the blood leak out. But the blood stayed on the z-level of the bridge, even on the open space where the bridge was, but it didn't go in the pond or it just wasn't enough. And the vampire only broke his hand.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Draining vampire blood into water?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:23 am »

Take a room, fill it with normal upright spear traps, place vampire inside, and kill with the spears. Then flood the room with water and build a well above it. That should do the trick I believe. Alternatively you could fill the room with water and then kill the vampire, which might work a little better.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:03:30 am »

What you need is more blood. Try making a repeater using pressure plates linked to the training spears.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Ass_Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:10 am »

Forgot to put spears on repeat, thanks.

Follow-up question, does the blood ever disapear when in the water?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 12:19:14 pm »

It shouldn't, but it will disappear if dwarves come by with the Clean job.  If you bleed the vampire when the location is dry, be ready to flood it quick, or have some doors you can forbid to keep dwarves out until you're ready.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.