Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gold Rush Fortress >.< Help?  (Read 3154 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Rush Fortress >.< Help?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:41:30 pm »

Waste the gold on dining halls and statues and...
Your fortress died? Sad.
And roads and bedrooms and offices and traps and...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:54 pm »

mechanisms are a very good choice. trade those next time.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:31:10 pm »

I remember the first time I got a metal working industry running I had far too much gold.

Without realising the economy is disabled I minted countless coins. Countless.

When I realised there was no economy I locked them all in a vault near my barons room and hoarded them.

It served no purpose but it made me happy knowing I had a vault full of gold. Then goblins attacked and the fort crumbled.

Good times.
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 08:57:42 am »

I like minting commemorative coins at the end of each year, prefably with the hightest value metal I currently have in the forttress.

Thers no point, I just like knowing they're there in a Coin Vault :)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »

I think of coins as a wonderful little project--building a totally useless vault with numerous doors, flood traps and other security devices that will never be triggered, decorating it, forging steel doors and then finally minting a yearly batch of gold coins to preserve and extend the history of the clan.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:14 am »

ONLY gold? It's not a good news anyway. You know steel has the same price of gold and is more useful. If you have any iron ore, just dig out a larger tree farm, and you will have the same value of gold without too much cost. But now, you have only gold, you need to trade for steel!

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 02:01:19 am »

Just how much effort does it take to lie a vault full of gold coins? I want to be a Scrooge McDuck damn it,  but I having problems shifting the coins properly.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49:49 am »

Try rereclaiming again. A gold fall trap could be extremely Fun if you do it right.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!
Pages: 1 [2]