Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with tabletop RPG  (Read 714 times)

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
Need help with tabletop RPG
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:12:19 am »

So, i'm GMing a game of Anima: Beyond Fantasy, a Spanish tabletop RPG set on a world with anime and medieval aesthetics, and i need help with something. I'm planning on having the characters enter a temple under which some ancient evil gods sleep. They are Lovecraft's gods, so i think some traps left by the race that built the temple and a some kind of guardian (some twisted giant thing, like a forgotten beast) would be great to make it a challange, however the group is very powerful, and i think i might get some ideas from a community like this one, which plays DF, and so has a great deal of experience with this kind of things could be an useful source of inspiration.

Just so you know, the members of the group are inquisitors, they hunt witches, wizards, demons, members of non-human races, and so on. Everything that is supernatural. They have these weapons, called "Lawmakers" or "Lawgivers" (I don't know what's the official translation), which can hurt things like ghosts, and are of great quality (for those who play D&D, they would be +2 weapons, but instead of doing a +2 damage, they would do +4, and partially ignore armour). The members of the group are:
-A martial artist, who uses different combat manouvers to disarm his opponent or take it down. He also has the ability to see the "threads of life" of others, allowing him to make attacks to this points and causing critical damage in a single blow (however, entitys like demons or other beings that aren't completely natural and do not age aren't affected. He also uses ki, allowing him to walk over walls for little amounts of time, doing increased damage and detecting life.
-A ninja. Well, not exactly a ninja, but it has more or less the same skills a ninja would have (and has some ki powers too).
-A weapon master, with some knowledge of martial arts. He can use a variety of weapons, and although having no supernatural powers, he can sustain lots of damage and has a great quality complete armour.
-Two warlocks. They use both magic and their skill with swords. One of them uses Light magic, which is a bit more defensive, focusing on magic shields, healing and casting support spells. The other one focuses on fire magic, and is a lot more offensive.

I want it to be a challenge for the group, although I don't want a TPK. Any idea about traps and the nature of the guardian monster are welcomed.

PS: English is not my first language.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology