Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What games have you purchased during this summer sale period?  (Read 1819 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: What games have you purchased during this summer sale period?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 10:11:41 am »

Found the answer

My advice: do not get basic Borderlands 2, get the game of the year that contains all the DLCs if you plan on buying it. Every future sale you otherwise might regret having a lower level cap than everyone else enough to want to buy the DLCs but not want to pay as much as what a second copy of the game+DLCs cost when they are all on sale.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:41:01 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »

Also grabbed Sir You are Being Hunted. Not bad.

Hotline Miami is my favorite so far, though Children of the Nile is really nice. Very interesting how they went with some design choices that make it quite different from a lot of city design games. Not simply a remake of Pharaoh.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 12:44:33 pm »

I've grabbed: Don't Starve, Skullgirls, Brutal Legend, and Skyrim Legendary Edition. I have $3.25 left because selling trading cards. Not sure what I'll buy.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:27 pm »

Honestly, none. I'm very tempted, particularly by the Crusader Kings II sale, but I have almost 20 games in Steam that I still haven't played, a SNES/NES/PS1/PS2 collection that I've only scratched the surface of, and games like Skyrim and Dwarf Fortress still occupying a good portion of my free time anyways. I think it's easy to get caught up in advertising, previews, and adopt a collector's attitude on Steam, never playing many of the games you purchase. (Almost 37% of registered Steam games have never been played).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:11:40 pm by Taffer »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 01:15:57 pm »

Found the answer

My advice: do not get basic Borderlands 2, get the game of the year that contains all the DLCs if you plan on buying it. Every future sale you otherwise might regret having a lower level cap than everyone else enough to want to buy the DLCs but not want to pay as much as what a second copy of the game+DLCs cost when they are all on sale.

Do note however that it does not contain the vault hunter pack 2(which gives the second level cap increase) or the 5 headhunter packs.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »

Contagion (Because it looks like a L4D kinda thing?)

Payday 2 (Cause friends.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:07:01 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 02:11:33 pm »

Found the answer

Do note however that it does not contain the vault hunter pack 2(which gives the second level cap increase) or the 5 headhunter packs.

That's true, thanks Metalax, my mistake.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 [2]