Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Doomed to an eternal loop of carrying plants.  (Read 1257 times)

ZeroBubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Doomed to an eternal loop of carrying plants.
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:42:28 pm »

I have built a track to bring plants from my farm down to the kitchens/querns/stills area, which works fine. The problem is that the dwarves are then proceeding to obsessively carry them all the way back up to the stockpile that feeds the minecart.

I cant set up the source stockpile to only receive from links, as you can't link to farms. The destination stockpile is set up to give to the various workshops, but you can't set stockpiles to only give to links. Or can you?

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? I've a whole series of other tracks set up that are working fine for pots, seeds and sand so I've got the general gist of how to work the new hauling systems.

If I cant fix it I'm planning on sending a flow of the red stuff down that chute to the kitchens, to clear the massive backlog of drink stuck down there because the damn dwarves are too busy hauling the damn plants, and kill the fort that way. The local wildlife and quality of ambushes so far has been a bit sub blood-spilling par.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed to an eternal loop of carrying plants.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

Weaponize the loop.
My wooden badge was delicious.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »

your food needs to land on a stockpile for food, then it should work

if that doesent work use
MMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGMMMMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »

is the receiving stockpile set up to receive the items that are being brought by the mine-cart?
is the source stockpile accidentally set to take from the destination? or the destination giving to the source?