Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting Issue with Militia Commander  (Read 738 times)

Ribbotson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Interesting Issue with Militia Commander
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

So I'm currently on the militia screen (m) and I'd just created a squad which I fancied renaming ('The Attics of Bronze' is just plain weird) so I used Shift+N to try and edit the name, but I had 'Militia Commander' selected instead. So I tried to hit esc to back out of renaming the 'militia commander' but it's just stuck in a blue highlighted colour with a flashing _ next to it. I've hit every button on my keyboard with no effect...I can hit ; and record but that's it. Anyone?

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Issue with Militia Commander
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

while it should not effect it was your caps locks on? (strange things happen in this game if it is)
have you simply tried hitting enter?  if you go rename any dwarf and just hit enter it should revert to its old name.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Ribbotson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »

Tried pretty much every button, buddy. Enter, esc, F9, you name it, I've pressed it.): I haven't saved in a long time either...caps lock wasn't on either.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5931
0005931: Trying to renaming a noble in a military screen make DF stop responding

Fixed in 0.34.11 according to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz