Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword problem  (Read 7669 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword problem
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:07:23 am »

I've been given a quest by the Tsar to hunt down a guy who murdered one of his men and to look for him in a village called Tarusa. I looked just about everywhere, but I couldn't find him. Is this a bug, or am I just stupid and incapable of finding him?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword problem
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:23:31 am »

I've only played Warband but this quest sounds familiar. What you have to do is wander around town until you find a guy who has a sword (or is otherwise armed) and then talk to him. Sometimes he can be in rather obscure places, but is usually found near or behind buildings.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:22 am »

Yeah, I've played the original a lot, so I know what to do. Its just that I've never had this much trouble with it before.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:15:11 am »

When you go around the village, you will find that everyone is moving, except for the Target and the Village Elder. Though the Target can be located in places like behind buildings, around a Quarry or even near the maps edge where there is this little shack in a farmplot. So make sure your checking all over the village map...
Also, I hope your looking during the day...
Also... Why ask here???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:58:53 am »

When you go around the village, you will find that everyone is moving, except for the Target and the Village Elder. Though the Target can be located in places like behind buildings, around a Quarry or even near the maps edge where there is this little shack in a farmplot. So make sure your checking all over the village map...
Also, I hope your looking during the day...
Also... Why ask here???
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:00:49 am »

I've had this problem in the same village.
I think the guy must just refuse to spawn or he spawns inside the terrain or something. Not much you can do but fail the quest.
Lucky in With Fire and Sword theres the letter carrying quests each lords give you which give's you tons of rep with them for doing almost nothing.

Hansily

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

Hi all,
i just had the quest on hunting down someone in Tarusa aswell, but it is not bugged. The guy just stands in a tree, not totally, but hard to see if hurrying too much and not good looking.
The spawnplace was like this: If you ride from your town entry tangential to the left houses, and a bit more to the left you will find him standing leftsided of a tree.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »

Hi all,
i just had the quest on hunting down someone in Tarusa aswell, but it is not bugged. The guy just stands in a tree, not totally, but hard to see if hurrying too much and not good looking.
The spawnplace was like this: If you ride from your town entry tangential to the left houses, and a bit more to the left you will find him standing leftsided of a tree.

Sweet mother of necro, the last post was three years ago.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »

I'm sure the OP had put his game on hold and will now return to it after years of longing now that he has the solution.

On a serious note, this thread will be the first thing a lot of people find when they search for a solution on the internet so no big deal.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 04:32:30 pm »

It's not once or twice that I've found a helpful forum post to a game problem dated 199X. This all in the 2010 or later.

Of course I'd be lying if I'd claim I routinely google up pre millenial help threads.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

I'm sure the OP had put his game on hold and will now return to it after years of longing now that he has the solution.

Thanks, guys! This problem has been holding my game up for three years, but now I can continue it! Having the game alt+tabbed this whole time has really been eating up my computer's memory.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »

Alt+tabbing M&B is a very bad idea, at least in my experience. =p

In case the escaped lunatic returns: you will probably be more likely to find a solution to your issue on the Taleworld forums.