Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you use necromancer training?  (Read 1203 times)

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you use necromancer training?
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:20 am »

As above. How do you configure a necromancer live fire training? I'm interested in creating two live fire areas.
One for archies, the other for meelee. How do necromancers have LOS? Particularly importance since my open door area is going to be near my refuse stockpile.

How can one turn off LOS? Bridges? I don't wish my dwarves to be overwhelmed in combat... Was thinking of using undead hens... In the past, those used to be pansies. The new... undead system is terrifying though:D I have dwarves dying to hands, who seem to be able to fracture bones at will

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: How do you use necromancer training?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:26 am »

you answered your own question...

necromancer behind fortifications (don't know if windows work) and a raising bridge in front to break LOS when you want to
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:58:15 pm »

I usually have a three tier barrier for necromancers.  Fortifications to prevent building destroyers from freeing the necro, a door attached to a lever to block LOS and a window to keep people from shooting the necromancer.  This does cut down on the available training space but I have yet to have an escape.
You could replace the door with a bridge to prevent it from getting clogged by body parts if they make it through the fortification, but a door closes instantly while a bridge takes something like 100 ticks to open or close
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:25:24 pm »

if you just make sure no marksdwarf has LOS to the necro you don't have to worry about a window (or whatever)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.