Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Caravans not arriving?  (Read 726 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human Caravans not arriving?
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:58:42 am »

I checked and they are my neighbors, the elves and dorfs get here fine and my depot is accesible. Also, they aren't at war with me. Does the fort have to be a certain size for them to come?
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
Re: Human Caravans not arriving?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »

Hmm I am not sure about this but I have read on the forums that it's possible for humans to take a year or two to start showing up. Not sure if it has to with created wealth/exported wealth but that's my guess.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:55 pm »

How many caravans have you had so far from the dwarfs and elf hippies? In any case, humans are somewhat in between elf and dwarf. They bring metal, but not the nice stuff dwarfs do, they bring seeds and the like, but not the way elves do, so no loss if they never show up. Just be happy you never get a human/dwarf wagon pile-up
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:17:07 pm »

Three dwarven caravans I think and two elves
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »

do you have humans in the c screen? cause they should have arrived by now. If not, not too big a loss. I'd actually be more sad to get no elves (who doesn't want Giant anacondas)
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:32:52 pm »

This is my first fort in the world and they haven't shown up yet so they aren't in the c screen.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

This is my first fort in the world and they haven't shown up yet so they aren't in the c screen.

in that case, don't expect em. If they ever show up it's a nice surprise

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »

But they never are in the c screen before they show up

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:50 pm »

But they never are in the c screen before they show up

caravans aint like goblins

caravans set off for you as soon as te fort is started and will never take more than a year, two, three at the most to get there. Goblin sieges/ambushes only set off if you fill all the conditions and might arrive much later (this is how common knowledge says it works). So my advice is to not count on them arriving. Humans might have been conquered?

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 12:51:15 pm »

ok thanks