Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven justice  (Read 1161 times)

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven justice
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »

In my last abandoned fort, I don't know what triggered it but one of my ranged military seemingly for no reason just bashed a hauler to death (could have been the other way around). In front of about 10 witnesses. I found out a couple of days later and then, not very familiar with the justice system, just incriminated the murderer since there was about 10 witnesses.
A couple of turns later the murderer was bashed to death by another ranged military dwarf! This time in my kitchen in front of about 15 witnesses. Perplexed but following the same process i incriminated the second one for murdering the first one who murdered the hauler.

It didn't stop there, as soon as I incriminate a dwarf, the murderer gets murdered by another dwarf! So i thought, maybe this is a dwarven justice system when the hammerer is missing. So I appointed a hammerer and they stopped bashing each other to death.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven justice
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »

So you would appoint a dwarf to kill another dwarf, then kill him when he followed orders. How very Soviet.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

ClayMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

um... well I dont know what to say but is the army takeing justice in to there highly uncapable hands

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:15:12 pm »

So you would appoint a dwarf to kill another dwarf, then kill him when he followed orders. How very Soviet.
no no, you misunderstand. i only incriminate a dwarf because he, for no reason that i could see, murdered another dwarf in broad daylight!
but then the other dwarves take justice into their own hands to murder that dwarf.... loop continues

numbhatter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Numbhatter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:06 am »

I tried several times to reclaim a fort I had going in an evil area that rained heinous goo. The goo kept killing the dwarves but I was determined to build a roof to protect them. I think it took like 10 reclaims or so before I finally had a setup that was mostly survivable. It really slowed the game down though having all the dead's posessions all over the place.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:53 am »

Well, you were TELLING your dwarves to beat the previous dispenser of justice. Is it really surprising that they too would get beaten to death by your military? The first dwarf probably violated a production order or something, or was getting upset and fighting.
Just stop incriminating dwarves and it will stop.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:04:45 am »

It is amusing though, that the last dorf will have to beat himself to death.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress