Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: can't find melt designated item  (Read 758 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
can't find melt designated item
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »

My smelter dwarf is having trouble finding melt designated items. I have a dozen, all marked with the big red M, in a bin. Along with a bunch that aren't to be melted.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be confused because the bin was in a garbage zone (said zone is now removed). Oddly the ones that I'd marked to be melted were taken to the garbage zone even though they weren't marked to be dumped.  A bunch of other weapons in the same bin _were_ marked to be dumped, though.

This isn't a matter of great urgency, but any ideas what's up?
()==[:::::::::::::>

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: can't find melt designated item
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:39:38 pm »

Sounds like they hauled the bin to dump those items to be dumped, then dropped the bin to get a wheelbarrow to haul it back, but canceled because it was in a garbage zone.

But that is just a guess.  If its marked as {forbidden} that would confirm it in my opinion, however.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »

But that is just a guess.  If its marked as {forbidden} that would confirm it in my opinion, however.

Ah. Maybe the _bin_ is marked as forbidden. The items inside weren't.

[EDIT] Yep, that was it.
()==[:::::::::::::>

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

I've definitely seen a forbidden bin prevent the use of its contents before.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"