Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Steel substitute  (Read 13508 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Steel substitute
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

Booze does burn though, right?  So you would get a dwarven (rum) napalm strike instead of a shrapnel attack. ;)
It evaporates alright.. But you'd be better off sending off burning logs, for all it's worth.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2012, 09:48:10 pm »

But that doesn't sound as cool... And if you have it set up it's ready incase booze becomes explosive in the future
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Berlioz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »

What material is best for me to use for my military's armour and weapons, short of steel or adamantine. Since I have no flux stones, all I have is the imports. That means that I cannot outfit more than one or two of my military in steel. I am ordering in steel crafts, and steel cages, and everything from steel I can as well as flux, but that will be costly. Do I stick with iron, or use another material
As people already said, use (bismuth) bronze and iron. I usually have no iron, but buying every single steel item from a caravan gives you enough. Creating weath is very easy in dwarf fortress, just skill up some crafters. (I recommend gem setters, they can make you a mint. If you have gold, platinum or aluminum craft stuff  from it and encrust it with gems. Dyed cloth are very expensive, too.)
Check the melting page on the wiki to see what items gives you the most returns by melting them. Anvils are best, so order plenty steel anvils.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »

What is the difference between bismuth bronze and normal bronze?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »

Bismuth bronze is pretty and purple. And worth more.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »

And it stretches your tin supplies.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 05:32:56 pm »

Bismuth bronze is pretty and purple.
That's black bronze. Bismuth bronze is yellow.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:10 pm »

And it stretches your tin supplies.
This.  Bronze is 1 tin + 1 copper = 2 bronze.  Bismuth bronze is 1 tin + 2 copper + 1 bismuth = 4 bismuth bronze.  Same capabilities, different color.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]