Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Experienced programmer wanted for paying game dev gig  (Read 746 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Experienced programmer wanted for paying game dev gig
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:12 pm »

Some of you may know me from the forums(primarily "other games"). I work a lot with Indie Devs in a marketing role but am about to start an ambitious but feasible project.

I need a programmer with experience in games, particularly roguelikes. If you have other programming experience not relevant to games or roguelikes please feel free to still contact me. I need someone who has free time and a proven record of finishing projects(even short ones). The right candidate will be paid a stipend while the dev cycle is ongoing plus receive a portion of sales in perpetuity. Please send me your relevant exp, some examples if possible and your living requirements while programming.

Finished project will be PC based game with tile support and be moddable. I have an extensive but flexible design document(34 pages atm) available to select candidates after signing NDA. We won't be millionares but we will make some money and start a small game studio. Want to join the dream?

Thanks folks.

Edit: I also need a secondary, junior programmer to work on secondary tasks, debugging, etc. This junior position will not receive a stipend but will receive a portion of sales.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:09:15 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Experienced programmer wanted for paying game dev gig
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »

I'm currently working on a 2D tile based map editor, it'll be done in like a week or two.  As well as a handful of other 2D tile based game tools I'm working on for a 2D tile based game engine i'm making. 
I could easily format these tools to work with your map format and whatnot,  PM me if interested and we'll talk.

(Not trying to apply for main programming position, but maybe the junior programmer position)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:58:11 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.