Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Duchess unhappy with improper dining room  (Read 1951 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Duchess unhappy with improper dining room
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:53 am »

I also remember that nobles can get unhappy toughts when normal dwarves have a better dining room.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

Are you sure you haven't accidentally assigned her to more than one dining room?

This was what I was going to ask. You can assign any dwarf multiple rooms of the same type. Although the game only lists the best room assigned to them, they will not always use it. This can happen when you assign your future baron a starter bedroom and forget to remove it when they become a baron and get a better one. Perhaps you have assigned your noble a crappy dining room somewhere else?

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 11:36:54 am »

I also remember that nobles can get unhappy toughts when normal dwarves have a better dining room.

The text for that thought mentions it's because a commoner has a better room, though, it's not "has eaten without a proper room recently."

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »

I checked various things:

* she isn't in the army

* She has 4 rooms assigned, a Royal Throne Room, a Grand Bedroom, a Royal Dining Room, and a Grand Mausoleum. I checked this on the "R"ooms list. Strangely, the bedroom is listed as a Royal Bedroom rather than Grand on the "n"obles screen. But it's the same room.

* she isn't in any burrows

* the dining room is accessible, other dwarfs can haul furniture in there.

I think I'll give her 2 years, and if she still says she doesn't have a proper dining room, she can become one of those unarmed gladiators. Or maybe I should wait until she gets unhappy, and if she still doesn't like her dining room, she'll be fist fighting trolls.

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:45 pm »

The silly duchess still thinks she doesn't have a proper dining room. Could it be because she is both duchess and mayor? Has anybody else got a baron/count/duke who is also the mayor, and if so, are they unhappy about their improper dining room?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 11:18:27 pm »

Orrrr, is her hubby assigned a different dining room for a job?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:04 pm »

Orrrr, is her hubby assigned a different dining room for a job?

Well. Since you asked, I went and looked up her relationship info. She has a dwarf named Morul who is her "lover" (not husband). From his name I assumed he would be in squad 1, but he wasn't. So I checked all the squads and he wasn't in any of them.

So I checked the list of all dwarfs and he wasn't in there either. So I checked the "dead/missing" list, and there he is, second from the bottom. Huh, the freaky duchess is in love with a dead guy!

She's still not happy with her dining room but. I have a mayor who is a different person now, so maybe if her bad thought goes away it was because of being both a mayor and a duchess.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 04:07:08 am »

bad thoughts hang around for some time. Be patient
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 [2]