Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Butchering caged animals?  (Read 2139 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butchering caged animals?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:07 am »

I feel like I am the only one that actually has ethics ingame. Whats the gain in torturing goblins again?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 02:26:16 am »

I feel like I am the only one that actually has ethics ingame.
And this is why I just push them off a tower to their deaths.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 02:34:41 am »

I feel like I am the only one that actually has ethics ingame. Whats the gain in torturing goblins again?

wasn't this about their mounts? Anyway, torturing stuff is a time honored tradition. Think of it as an execution squad, but instead of 12 guys with rifles and some of them loaded with blanks you got incompetent marksdwarfs. Sure it takes longer, our appologies, we'll try better next time, be sure to visit us in your next incarnation.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 04:05:15 am »

No I don't butcher worriers or their mounts. Instead of pitting them like cats, I gave them a chance, to parry hundreds of wooden bolts and die a glory death!

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:13 am »

Don't waste the training resource! Build some restrains, CHAIN them up, and SHOOT them to death! and you will get a (absolutely safe) butcherable corpse AND a group of proficient marksdwarves.

This is what I suggested, and usually do (at least with non-edible creatures, edible ones I usually just butcher to be safe about the corpses spoiling). A 1-z-deep pit, with a raising bridge on the side for access. No restraints (chains/ropes) needed.

The gain is marksdwarf training. Shooting at live targets gives many times more xp per bolt than shooting at archery targets, and it's easier to get the marksdwarves to do it, just station them at the edge of the pit.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:45:21 am by Snaake »

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 11:10:11 am »

I was talking about Cave Crawlers. Plus, it's their fault, for being made of meat.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:01 pm »

No restraints (chains/ropes) needed.
But you need 3 z-levels, for the pit, the training room and the gap(gap is needed to keep the distance between the target and the recruits). With a pig tail fiber rope, you can organize the training area in only one z-level(and an additional level for the gap, if you want neither melee combats nor fortifications).
Pages: 1 [2]