Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Idiot dwarf cancels build wall: Idiot dwarf occupying site. x20  (Read 2363 times)

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idiot dwarf cancels build wall: Idiot dwarf occupying site. x20
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:38 pm »

I swear just as fucking soon as I fucking posted that, they STARTED DOING THIS A-FUCKING-GAIN WITH A FUCKING NOTHER FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FROG FELCHING UNRELATED FUCKING GODDAMNED SHIT-SPINNING NEW TILE.

I can get why a construction cancelled because of a forbidden-space-occupying object would be ruined by cancellation bugs if said object was removed by cheaty-DFhack means, but this.  Is.  Fucking.  RETREADED.  THIS IS FUCKING RETREADED LIKE AN EIGHTY-YEAR-OLD WHORE WHO WAS REINCARNATED AS A BALD TIRE.

Fuck this goddamned bullshit; I am making myself a BLT.  >__<
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:59 pm »

I wonder how much casting a whole fortress from magma and water will increase in popularity, if this bug hangs around through multiple versions.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:28:43 pm »

No real update on the bug report other than no single solution is consistent for "fixing" (ok, working around) the problem.

Melomel, it definitely sounds like you need to take a break from it for a bit.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »

I have never, ever had this bug except for this one time, with this one tile.  If this happened with every wall tile I would probably be out murdering things instead of posting on forums.  D:

Yeah its' pissing me off tremendously. This is really my first experience with DF and i've been sticking with it. I really like the idea of building an above ground structure but the game is constantly calling audibles on any of the brickwork i do so the work is going slow :(

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »

Are you using burrow designations and is the wall right on the border of the designation?
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 11:33:19 pm »

Did you see my post on the matter there?
I did some testing, and I've found that the original builder will lock in the "build from" location, so if he screws it up, you've gotta cancel and redesignate.

You will want to mess with traffic designations so that the dwarf will move to a valid build-from tile just before reaching the tile with the designation in it.  The dwarf should then build from the last tile he stepped in.

My problem in that case was that the optimal path to the build site was by travelling up a ramp.  The dwarf couldn't build from the bottom of the ramp, so he built from the top of the ramp which happened to be the tile he was trying to build on.
When I altered the traffic designations so that walking along the fort wall to arrive from the other side (stepping on a floor tile 1 unit south of the designation), the dwarf then built from the last tile he stepped on - 1 south of the site.
Pages: 1 [2]