No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35668 times)

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am proud of the crew of my fleet, even if a lot of them died  :'(.

Another LP without random events. You'll find that some of the random events stays behind( At least in my game...).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

As long as those events aren't Borg and supernovas, I will do fine.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Speaking of which, you've won the game anyway, so the victory conditions for other races are probably already off. Oh, and my vote is: If you want to. :P)

You just gotta love how the Borg could be invading on mass but if all other races are taken out except yours... it is victory time!
Hey man, last best party. Gotta live it up.

I say we keep going as much as we can with this one till we get the win. Then I'm fine with you starting a new one if you're cool with it too.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2012, 09:07:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cardassians are no more, we get major Populsion research loss and Ferengi declare war upon us. This also trapped our main fleet outside the green range, again. We did manage to destroy the local Husnock raider, though.

Few turns later, we get upgrade in energy. As you can see, it allows us to construct starbases but we can't really maintain or utilize them properly.
Borg Cubes, at least 8 of them, are now in Klingon, Ferengi, late Cardassian and Romulan space. Two of them approaching Ariannus system in our territory.

At Turn 271, Selay is no more, as is Berentalia system, that vast system in Romulan space we discovered and planned to colonize so long, long ago.

Few turns later we save Kholfa system in Klingon space just in a nick of time. We lost, suprisingly, 'only' 11 ships, including all five Nebulas - Cpt.Kor is no more. Or, he might be actually in better place than we are now.
There are two other cubes in the area and Admiral Cain is rushing reinforcements from our territory - 22 or so ships, mostly destroyers and light cruisers.
At Sol and Yridia, we're constructing two reinforcement fleets - 6 Mirandas and 2 Ambassadors, and Oberth in each of them.

Two turns later this happens, and USS Winslow A, Ambassador-class cruiser, is finished at Yridia.

===

Borg Drone puts three tokens on the grid and leans back into straight position.

"You, Species 5618, call it, Check-Mate. Resistance is futile."

President Haspen grumbles, looking over the grid. He then looks to the right, at similar four tokens in Dullisian, Ariannus, Melina and, most importantly, Yridia system.

"Indeed we do. If assimilation of Ferengi will complete, Klingons win by the rules. But if we leave for Armus, you will sweep into Klingon space, making Ferengi the winners. If we somehow win both of those fights, you're already one foot in our space, conquering our colonies. Nice one."

"We, do not conquer. We assimilate." The drone responds.

"Oh, sorry. My mistake. But, tell me... you were Captain Hyo, right... tell me then, Hyo--"

"My designation is Three of Ten, Secondary Adiunct of Unimatrix 001."

"...Tell me, Hyo, do your ship detect any... time disturbances building-up nearby?"

The drone jerks to the side, it's mechanical hand whirling for a while, before the Borg again looks at President Haspen with cold, emotionless eyes.

"Vessel 237 point 4 confirms existence of a time distortion."

"See, we are armed with transphasic particle generator, right on board of USS L'Aventure."

"That will not stop us."

"Oh, no no no, I'm sure it won't stop you now, but, ask your mighty Collective, what happens, if such thing would be, for example, detonated between Alpha and Delta Quadrant, say, around 279 weeks ago, when the Humans just started their journey into space?"

The drone blinked few times, a small cirle implant clicking few times on it's right hand. Suddenly, the drone pointed it's left arm at the Haspen to shoot him with a disruptor, but last thing that the drone saw was the blue particles of transportation effect.

===

Bridge of USS L'Aventure C, Miranda-class destroyer, NCC-21264.

Officers look at President Haspen, who just materialized on the bridge. After he nods, everyone assumes their positions. First Officer comes to his side.

"Gravitational disturbances are calculated for the slingshot operation, transphasic generator is secured, we gathered more food and dilithium that we will need to get to the other quadrant and back. All is set, sir."

The President nods again and then sits down in the Captain's chair. He takes a brief look at Earth, his home, home of the brave fifty who are with him on L'Aventure.

"Let's have hope, that by abandoning this Universe to the Borg, we will save the other from suffering the same, gruesome fate! Engage!"

A small blue vortex opens before the Miranda, engulfs it, and then...

...everything changes.

//Honestly, this was a damn check-mate. No matter which Cube(s) we would intercept, either Klingons or Ferengi would die, making the other race a winner. And what I haven't shown was Cube entering Yridia and cutting population in half already, crippling our starship construction capabilities.

So I decided to make 'The End' a bit more Star-Trek'y and include some time travel shenaningans :D

I hope you liked this LP, even if it was so full of Borg in the end. Next time, I'm going to do this without random events - as far as I know, it will also disallow Borg to appear. And then we can have proper war games with Cardassians and Romulans.

See ya! :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:17:17 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2012, 09:16:59 am »

If you did this well with impossible difficulty with random events, get ready to steamroll the AI without them. This whole LP the only genuine threat the whole time was the Borg.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:56:12 am by ivanthe8th »
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2012, 09:19:49 am »

I think Borg have put a 'no' in your first sentence :P

And I will take that as a compliment ^^

I also wonder if I should go back to Klingons first before (re)starting another Federation. Oh well, I have to study now so quite possibly I will decide next week or so.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:23:19 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2012, 09:56:47 am »

Lol, fixed. If you want hardmode try playing as Cardassians.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58:52 am »

Nah, it will be the same set of rules like this one.

Also, Ferengi are harder to play :P
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2012, 04:06:17 pm »

Cardassians. Assimilated.
Ferengi. Assimilated.
Romulans. Assimilated.
Klingons. Assimilated.
Humans. Assimilated.

Alpha Quadrant. Assimilation complete.

Now, now, what did I tell you about it being futile, eh? Told you you'd be assimilated, no? Speaking of which, the Eighth Cube? That has definitely to be some luck you've got there, Haspen...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »

Actually, I tried few times and once, I managed to save Ferengi and Klingons by destroying 4 cubes in that sector. I think that in that particular try ADmiral Cain was still alive after those cubes, with his Renown, one other galaxy and few ambassadors left :P
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:33 am »

Cool writing.  Nice one Haspen, considering the odds, you still did a pretty good job. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:29 am »

Yeah, excellent job and as good an end to things as can be expected considering how the borg essentially won. May we do well next game.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]