Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clothes sorting via stockpile and traffic  (Read 4211 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes sorting via stockpile and traffic
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 05:22:03 pm »

Forget clothes and use steel. Is dwarfier and never rots. Just put everybody in a inactive squad.

No. Armor doesn't count as clothing. Anything that is clothing rots, even candy. Your idea is a sure fire recipe for a fort-wide tantrum. You've never done this yourself, but you'd recommend it to others? I mean, if you had tried this, you would know it doesn't work. If you've never tried something, don't suggest it to others!

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »

To put out this flame war:

[quote:Toady One]
Here are the last changes for the month.
cleared kill orders after completion
made armor stop lack of clothing thoughts
added ability to set up generic armor options in uniforms (like the ones the defaults have)
stopped dwarves from looping between civ/squad equipment if they can't follow their orders
stopped aspects of the game from advancing when designations were placed
stopped adventurer from turning into an underground creature when in the ocean/etc.[/quote]
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

You can do that? Nice. I thought about it, but wasn't sure if the game would read the modifiers in the same way as the items themselves.
yep, i just tried it out yesterday, it was *awesome* !!! now my depot is going down 5 levels to be next to my worn clothes pile

sorry i confused dump for refuse, hence the reference to the rot of the clothes pile but still too much micromanagement

if i can search all worn and have them hauled then apply my StockClearance macro, selling worn clothing would be a matter of 3-4 actions with no thought or filters involved. what was really nasty when i didn't use search was that my *steel greaves* was nested within a page of x(Cave spider silk socks)x

made armor stop lack of clothing thoughts
well.... i can confirm something similar if not this exact line.
if you have Replace Clothes set and you *don't* have armor or maybe just the odd piece bought from a caravan... your military will strip naked and tantrum that their wee wee is showing.
Pages: 1 [2]