Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wheres all the ore!  (Read 3848 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Wheres all the ore!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 11:06:48 am »

Best iron ore is magnetite.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 12:50:04 pm »

I wanted to start a new thread but this one seems to fit well. I just started a new embark and put mineral scarcity to everywhere in world gen, and indeed this does mean everywhere (did anything change here since the last one or two updates?) Just visible on the outside prior do any digging this 4x4 embark has:
Cassiterite, Galena, Garnierite, Gold, Hematite, Limonite, Magnetite, Malachite, Platinum, Sphalerite and Tetrahedrite ore
Lignite and Bitumous Coal and  plenty of Limestone
I wonder what else I will find when I start digging :-)
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

Holy crap. Did you embark on a mountain range or something? Cause I didn't know those things could all show up in a single layer.

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 06:06:18 pm »

My miners have been searching for a long time and not a single ore has been pulled out of the ground, ive somewhat thoroughly searched the siltstone layer on the top and now im starting on the marble and granite down in the deepness but theres not much before you hit a warm stone. My military is quite underpowered as a result!

The all important ore hematite appears in igneous stone layers while siltstone appears in
sedimentary layers and marble is metamorphic.
I'm guessing you only embark on volcanoes?
No I barely ever embark on volcanos and when I do I never get hematite
I was just being a idoit.
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.
Pages: 1 [2]