Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Masks?  (Read 3710 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masks?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 05:10:38 pm »

A fell mood producing a dwarf leather mask would be amazing. Almost worth making a misery pit for all the dwarves who like masks...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »

I like the idea of dwarven masks; they remind me of tolkien's dwarfs. I think I'll mod in the capability to craft masks for dwarves.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

It must be pretty easy to mod...possible as simple as adding the civ entry to the item file? I'm not sure, maybe post something about it in the Modding forum.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 06:25:35 pm »

Hey ninja, this is something I would be interested in doing too, but in all honesty I have no idea about how to even get started modding. If you do end up doing this, and post it in the modding forum could you let me know? As I'd be keen to do this too :)
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 07:37:39 pm »

Just add    [HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:COMMON] to the mountain entity. Since they're "clothing" rather than armor, they can be equipped by your entire civilian populace. Pretend your fort is that creepy orgy from Eyes Wide Shut for bonus points.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »

Oh awesome :D thanks for that. Do I need to gen a new world?
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:36 pm »

Yes. Although this is be possible without a regen by altering something they already use to have the stats and name of a mask.(shown below)

Code: [Select]
[NAME:mask:masks]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[COVERAGE:50]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:10]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[BARRED]
[SCALED]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]
[SHAPED]

Find an item in item-helm.txt that your civ has and you do not need. Replace whatever is below [ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_ExampleItemHere]
in the entry for that item with the code above. Then just restart DF and load up your save - no other changes necessary.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:01:34 pm by ab00 »
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for that! :D
Pages: 1 [2]