Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will throwing a Zombie in a Candy Cage...  (Read 1946 times)

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will throwing a Zombie in a Candy Cage...
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:06 am »

I trapped 7 zombies in candy cages of masterwork quality during a siege and I have yet to be attacked 3 years later...
I picked a hostile area and I have yet to be attacked again by anyone. I am hostile towards Elves and goblins and my fort is in a Untamed wilds area.
I was wondering when my markdwarves will have some more targets to "practice" on?

Question is did I glitch it? This is the longest I ahve ever gone with out being attacked even by a thief.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will throwing a Zombie in a Candy Cage...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

I doubt it was anything you did. I've seen the RNG throw gaps between sieges as long as five years. Untamed wilds biomes only change the type of animal life around your fort. They do not change the behavior of enemy civs.

Before you embarked, did you check what civilizations have access to your site? For example, if you embarked in an isolated mountain valley or island and the only things that could reach you were your own civ and a necromancer, this is what you would see.

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »

No, I get Elven, Dwarf and Human traders constantly, which dosn't make any sense because I am at "war" with the elves.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

Are you using any mods? elves don't go to war without diplomat, so I think you do, even if it's dfhack fixdiplomats. The rules specific to the mod might be interfering.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:45 pm »

Are you using any mods? elves don't go to war without diplomat, so I think you do, even if it's dfhack fixdiplomats. The rules specific to the mod might be interfering.

Elves in vanilla do go to war during worldgen.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:47:52 pm »

Elves in vanilla do go to war during worldgen.

true. The question still remains, any mods done or installed?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 06:52:27 pm »

elves don't go to war without diplomat
Yes they do - it just takes a lot more effort. Destroy enough of their caravans (it's worse for them to never return than it is for them to return with news of hardship and other problems) and they should be willing to attack you.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.