Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hair crisis in ADV mode 0 w ^  (Read 4234 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hair crisis in ADV mode 0 w ^
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:22:08 pm »

ok ok this is how it is... when i start a charecter everyone and everything has "extremely long hair" but when I made a female dwarf once! she had a pony tail and again dwarves alwase braid there beards and also clean shaven hair! so umm.. why is it like this? is there anything I can do?

I could mod it if need be just tell me what im looking for!
this is really bugging me....
in adventure mode everyone looks this way and I dont get it...

also I have a question about somthing else i noticed in adventure mode.

when I start it and theres lets say two civilizations of humans right? well why is it the peaple from each one have all the same skin tone and hair and the other civ is the same but deffrent skin tone and hair.
I actually like this feature its like there deffrent ethnicities and Im really curious how the game defines whats kept as a ethnic feature and whats completely varriable (( like nose langth and such ))

another little adventure mod question is... can I name my weapons? if so then how?
Im only asking cause I heard you could.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hair crisis in ADV mode 0 w ^
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:33:16 pm »

Create a fortress named WoodStock and adventure through it with your long haired band.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

In a more arid area I started my adventurer in, he had a scimitar, and he and everyone around him had copper colored skin.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »

You want longer or shorter hair?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

You want longer or shorter hair?

I want randomly varrieing styles like dwarves with there beards and such.
and for that matter I would also like humans to grow facial hair

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:06 am »

I have also noticed the "extremely long hair epidemic" that seems to be effecting humans across the realm.

And humans' lack of facial hair is a bit uncanny.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:14 am »

I have also noticed the "extremely long hair epidemic" that seems to be effecting humans across the realm.

And humans' lack of facial hair is a bit uncanny.

> <   yeah!!! how the heck do I fix it... all I need is a direction and i will post it here for others to use

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:16:58 am »

Female dwarfs don't have beards, and nobody ever cuts their hair as far as I know.

If you want to change that, look at /raw/objects/creature_standard.txt
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:53 am »

anyone else want to comment? cause I KNOW I saw a dwarf with a pony tail once and somhow dwarves braid there beards despite the fact that I cant seem to find the words braid in there Creature:standerd

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:39 am »

Its just a bug, get over it.
There are FAR more severe bugs to be solved atm.

also, about facial hair, its all or nothing.
A race/caste either has facial hair, or doesnt have facial hair.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:13:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, and it's a feature of that "genetics" thing that happened a while back, where children inherit physical charateristics from theri parent. It isn't unusual for a civ to end up looking all extremely similar. I remember one and I was becoming extremely frustrated that every single dwarf that came had "Pale pink skin" or something like that.
They sound a little soft for a true dwarvern fort.
Clearly natural selection in worldgen is broken. The dwarfiest all die I wonder why that is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »

There are a few "tissue style" tokens in the entity raws that make this happen. Copy-paste them from the mountain entity into the plains entity and humans will get haircuts of variable length. I have tried this with goblins as well, but for some reason it doesn't work (even though they seem to have exactly the same hair tissue tokens as everyone else). Haven't tried this with elves, they need to be long haired hippies. See my half-assed and out of date personal moded entity raws for an example: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110746.msg3337462#msg3337462

If you want humans, etc. with beards, copy the facial hair tissue tokens from dwarves in creature_standard to the male (or whatever floats your boat) caste of humans, etc. Youd'd probably want to also add the facial hair tissue style tokens to the relevant entity. I haven't actually done this, but it should work. I think.

You can't name your weapon as an adventurer, but dwarves will sometimes name them in fort mode and you could get one of those.

The tokens in question are
[TISSUE_STYLE:HAIR]
      [TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS]
      [TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:1:200]
Adding those to the end of the plains entity gave me humans with random hair length and styles.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:19:44 pm by Hylas »

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 07:14:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, and it's a feature of that "genetics" thing that happened a while back, where children inherit physical charateristics from theri parent. It isn't unusual for a civ to end up looking all extremely similar. I remember one and I was becoming extremely frustrated that every single dwarf that came had "Pale pink skin" or something like that.
They sound a little soft for a true dwarvern fort.
Clearly natural selection in worldgen is broken. The dwarfiest all die I wonder why that is.
Genetic hair length? I guess it's just a glitch in the Matrix.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »

Is it possible to make hair length and facial hair random, and not genetic?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »

Genetics only applies to appearance modifiers such as hair color, skin color, body shape (tall, fat, muscular, etc.), and facial features.

Hair length is determined by the creature's age and how much a given tissue grows per year. Whether they cut their hair is determined by entity tokens. There is only one set of hair stlyes, individual style is random. Entity tokens define a range of lengths. Within that range, individual length is random. The exact effects of the range settings are unkown. According to notes in the raws, tissue styling is only half-done so far.

See my previous post for modding info.