Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Both Worlds of Ultima games free on GOG  (Read 950 times)

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
Both Worlds of Ultima games free on GOG
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:22:30 pm »

I need to check my e-mail more, just saw I got an e-mail 2 days ago that both Martian Dreams and Savage Empire are free on GOG right now. I love these games, they're based on the Ultima 6 engine, and star the Avatar in completely original adventures.

Martian Dreams is this sorta steam-punk/victorian sci-fi game where you're sent as an expedition to Mars to rescue all these famous people, like Tesla and Buffalo Bill when the space cannon they were in in misfired. It's a pretty enjoyable romp.

In Savage Empire you're in this pre-historic valley full of different tribes that got transported there through some mechanism that I think was hand-waved, but I don't remember what it was. Anyways, you're trying to unite the tribes and destroy these ant-people that are trying to take over the valley. Not as much fun as Martian Dreams, but still pretty fun.

Anyways, can't go wrong with the towering price point of $0.00, you should check them out.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.