Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Small race shows up without clothes? [FIXED]  (Read 3076 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small race shows up without clothes?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:24 pm »

Mkay, but from what I've seen, I'm in basically the same boat as Person.

Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entity:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »

The one thing I can think of is that them having fur might be making the game think that they're already dressed enough as-is. I recall reading somewhere that the game automatically assigns the appropriate amount of clothing for the local climate. But even that's just a wild guess.

I do know for almost certain that their size is a non-issue; I had a modded fort mode race in 31.25 that was also SIZE:20000 and they spawned with clothing just fine, so unless something changed that shouldn't be the problem.

EDIT: Maybe it's some sort of weird conflict between CLOTHING and SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING? Try unbracketing one and ttying again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:51:14 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

EDIT: Maybe it's some sort of weird conflict between CLOTHING and SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING? Try unbracketing one and ttying again.
Doubtful. Dwarves and goblins have both [CLOTHING] and [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING], so that probably isn't a problem.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 10:30:51 pm »

The one thing I can think of is that them having fur might be making the game think that they're already dressed enough as-is. I recall reading somewhere that the game automatically assigns the appropriate amount of clothing for the local climate. But even that's just a wild guess.

This theory would make sense, however the last time I attempted an embark I was in an area that remained snowy throughout the year. If the climate was typically cold year-round, wouldn't the game at least assign basic clothing?

But it is possible the fur is having some effect. I'll test some naked moogles and see if there's any difference.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »

Maybe it's the nonstandard body type that does it? Even if the custom race was 20000, if they're humanoid it's probably not an issue. Probably the best thing to do would be to ask toady about this. Then again, it's mod heavy, so the solution probably won't be a simple fix.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:33:25 pm »

As long as they have UPPERBODY, LOWERBODY, GRASP and STANCE parts, it should be fine.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:11 am »

My immediate thought was the odd body setup, as well, but my polyp spiders are ten times more unorthodox in terms of body plan (central body with HEAD, UPPERBODY, and LOWERBODY tokens, four legs, three graspers) and they wear clothing just fine.

Quick diagnostic: replace the CREATURE used in the moogles' entity file with dwarves, which we know function correctly. If the problem persists, the entity definition itself is likely at fault. Otherwise, there's probably something wrong with the moogles' creature def.

EDIT:

Spoiler: Unsolicited Suggestion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:13:25 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 11:23:59 am »

Edit: It was the 'Eternal Fashion' mod. Forgot I was even using it. Turns out, if you want clothes to stop rotting, you'll also have to put up with civvies not wearing them unless forced to via military uniforms. So for now, I guess I'll suck it up and set all my regular clothing back to ARMORLEVEL=0.

:P Sorry about the whole... you know... 2 wasted pages of speculation, lol.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:05:40 pm by Moogie »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Small race shows up without clothes? [FIXED]
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure that it's the SOFT tag that causes clothes to rot, not ARMORLEVEL >_>

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »

Yup - it is soft. It was pretty much openly written somewhere in wiki. But i read that a year ago and i can't find it now.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

You two need to convince the rest of the community, then. :) Most current discussions on the subject seem to conclude that ARMORLEVEL=1 is the only way to stop clothes rotting. The wiki entry is said to be outdated regarding the [SOFT] tag. Perhaps it used to control rot, but I hear that's no longer the case in DF2012.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:49:37 pm by Moogie »
Pages: 1 [2]