Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rednecks vs The Gummint  (Read 957 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rednecks vs The Gummint
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:51:01 pm »

It occurred to me that if we rename dorfs "Rednecks" and make their naming system correspond with the redneck style of names (ie: Betty Mae Johnson), that very little else would need to change, including the little whirling windmills, "crossbows" (ie shotguns) and random pet animals wandering around.  Heck, even the children running around bare-assed naked in the woods works within this paradigm.  So, the gobs would become "The Gummint", snatchers would need to be renamed "Child Protection Officers", and the gob seigers would be "Federal officers" including "snipers", "Law enforcement", ect...  The caravans wouldn't need much changing, but I'm thinking the elves could become the Amish...
(Ever been involved in an Amish "drive by shooting"?  Clip-clop clip-clop clip-clop bang! bang! clip-clop clip-clop...)
Although the Amish don't eat their enemies that I'm aware of, so maybe not.

What suggestions do you have to make this cosmetic mod complete?  Maybe some new graphics tiles for the hillbillies?  (I usually use Phoebus)  I'd love to read your input.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Rednecks vs The Gummint
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »

Oh god, I've never realized it before. But this fits perfectly.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »

Maybe instead, the Elves could be "Environmentalists" and then the Humans could become "Tourists" or "City folk".  I'm thinking that since the nicknames are able to be changed, that for some reason they have their surnames first, and each "Fortress" could become a "Clan".  That way, a member of the "Johnson Clan" would be named "Johnson, Billy Bob" or some such.  The profession names would need to be altered to fit this new paradigm too, so "brewer" would have to become "moonshiner", "Mayor" would become "Pa", ect... 

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »

Hmm. If you switched Elf and Human ethics, you could keep Elves as Amish and make Humans into City-Folk, or Yuppies, comin' to yer shack to sell their decadent ways. Like whole-grain bread, and yoga lessons.

Incidentally, there used to be a Liberal Crime Fortress mod somewhere around here, I think. Might be worth looking at for ideas.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »

So this is my ptw.  Make it happen!  And I'd help. . . That kind of modding is tedious but easy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »

Zombies then become... Missionaries?  The Necromancer becomes... a Televangelist?  Or the Right Reverend <insert name here>?
"It's tiiime for a Prayer Revival!" seems a bit more fun then "Hide while you can, the Dead Walk!"  Besides, if I make "zombies" into City dwellers who also build forts, it might make adventure mode a bit interesting as well.  Can you imagine walking into a random town and getting mobbed by everyone who all happen to be shouting "Are you saved, brother?" "Halleluia!"  I know it'd be surreal/horrifying/funny for me, but I'm kinda strange.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:02:50 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »

So here is the link to the Liberal Crime Fortress:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=44669.msg862336#msg862336
i'm newish to the boards, where do I find the protocols for posting links?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »

Also, I think I'll be adding this dwarven heritage program to the mod,
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112381.0
which should make the clan names similar.  Maybe even find a way to make the town names similar, so that surname-ville or surname-ton match the surnames of immigrants coming to our community.  Maybe put "East/North/West/South" in front of any duplicates, so that we can get  "Thornton" and "Thornville" and "West Thornton" as different town names.  Dont' know if that's possible, but it sure would be cool.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 12:59:41 am »

You are free to use whatever you like from the LCF discussions. I think I put up some crappy sprites, if you'd like to use those too, you may.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 04:51:01 am »

I'm looking at incorporating the firearms workshop series into the mod as well.  What do you guys think about changing the dialogue options in adventurer to reflect the cultural shift?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii