Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: X-Com:TTS Multiplayer [Human Thread] 2.0!  (Read 11718 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com:TTS Multiplayer [Human Thread] 2.0!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:09 pm »

8): Now, now, don't any of you recruits be getting cocky 'cause youze been getting a couple kills while your Sarge is in the Hospital.  Remember who taught you all you know, who your superior is, and who's coming back soon to make his world-renown Sectoid Jerky, just as soon as the burns stop spontaneously igniting when exposed to air.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:38 pm »

I'd like to be a soldier named Stone Cold please. even though I already applied for the 'captain' of a ship in the alien thread...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:07 pm »

After a single terror mission, I lost the entire squad. And that was vs the smallest of the Terror-unit carrying ships; a Destroyer.

I'm really not sure how much I want to carry on, currently. Kinda seems like the developers didn't bother balancing.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:59 pm »

Terror missions suck.  Pretty much all non-floater terror missions range from dangerous to deadly.  Was it Cryssalids?

From what I've read, humans become almost untouchable once you get power armor.  So, you know, get that stuff.  And you REALLY are untouchable once you get flying suits (as in, those Cryssalids can't touch you, so they no longer can turn your soldiers into Zombies).

And for perhaps the most important question to be asked in this thread: Did I die?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »

I had 2 guys in power armour (One of them you), and it was Sectoids. Psy, Cyberdisks, Heavy Plasma, terrain seriously favouring them and some ridiculously stupid luck/bugs, i.e. Shooting a sectoid with a 120% chance to hit, and missing. Everyone died.

And power armour's great in standard Xcom, yeah. TTS's Heavy Weapons (Ignore some % of armour), high short range damage and armour degradation mean's it's nowhere near as good here, however.

Orb has mentioned someone might be interested in playing on. Let me know and I'll post the save.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:58:03 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 07:59:04 am »

Ouch.  Didn't know that.  Thanks for the power armor, even though I died.

Yeah, Orb's got somebody interested in playing on.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »

Ha. Finely got around to reading this.

You're certainly better at doing LPs Burnt. I was laughing most of the way through.

I can't believe I guessed your base location right the first time, and then threw it away and thought you were in America.  :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]