Go into more detail
- 4 (57.1%)
It's fine
- 2 (28.6%)
It's horrible get out of my forum
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CKII- Sicily!(Update Two)  (Read 5402 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: CKII- Sicily!(Update Two)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 10:35:24 am »

Primogeniture is bad secession.  Don't worry about holding all the titles in one person, go out and get more titles.  Once you have a king title that second sons will just be vassals to the first.  Even if you have multiple king titles the first son will inherit all of them.  This way you will have a large kingdom full of placated nobles instead of a small kingdom full of nobles who hate your guts.  It also lets you keep your sons unlanded until death.  This is essential because it lets you control dynastic marriages and education for your heirs and for their heirs.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:39 am »

Primogeniture is bad secession.  Don't worry about holding all the titles in one person, go out and get more titles.  Once you have a king title that second sons will just be vassals to the first.  Even if you have multiple king titles the first son will inherit all of them.  This way you will have a large kingdom full of placated nobles instead of a small kingdom full of nobles who hate your guts.  It also lets you keep your sons unlanded until death.  This is essential because it lets you control dynastic marriages and education for your heirs and for their heirs.
Really? The last few times I did gavel kind I did indeed lose titles. My damn son inherited a titular title and became his own country.
Hello Hunam

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

I think only king titles clump with the first son, all other titles are shared equally.  I'm also relatively sure that gravekind only divides your titles among the first three eligible heirs, so it doesn't split things up that badly.  Plus, you can always give away titles to your prime heir while you're still alive.  You can't lose what you don't have.   :P

I like the style.  It's punchy.  You might elaborate a bit more on the wars (who leads the troops, make fun of the enemy commander, grip about how the terrain hates you, etc), but keep the style.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

ARRIIIGHHTTTYYY, starting CKII up again. Expect an update soon.

Edit: Took some screenies earlier, but somehow I ended up deleting them. Darnit.
Hello Hunam

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 08:04:04 am »

Pfft Primogeniture all the way, THE FIRST BORN SON GETS EVERYTHING, SCREW THE REST OF YOU DIPSHITS!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 10:04:19 am »

Yeah, I wanna see jealousy and backstabbing here. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »

Yeah, I wanna see jealousy and backstabbing here.

This is something we need more of!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 [2]