Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: an aura of what....?  (Read 12260 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: an aura of what....?
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 10:21:19 am »

Kid: Mommy? Are you sure that that frosty the snowrex exists?
Mom: Of course I do, along with his friend Periwinkle the Rainbow bird!
Kid: Can you prove it? 'cause Urist McSkeptic says he doesnt exist.
Mom: Tell him to go outside, near the rampaging forest titan, and I bet you and I will make a believer out of him yet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:29:03 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Glyndŵr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2012, 10:28:02 am »

One day, gentle giants will walk among the titans. One day, it will be good.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 01:22:04 pm »

This is what happens when the game creates a [BENIGN] titan. It's not clear exactly how Toady intends them to behave...

A quick look at a string dump suggests that such titans can have "it bears a look of unbelievable peace", "it emanates an aura of giving and kindness", "joy marks its every movement", or "it moves its will in accordance with the truth of things".
So what would happen if a titan of an evil sphere meets a titan of a benign sphere? AFAIK titans and FBs dont attack each other.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

This is what happens when the game creates a [BENIGN] titan. It's not clear exactly how Toady intends them to behave...

A quick look at a string dump suggests that such titans can have "it bears a look of unbelievable peace", "it emanates an aura of giving and kindness", "joy marks its every movement", or "it moves its will in accordance with the truth of things".
So what would happen if a titan of an evil sphere meets a titan of a benign sphere? AFAIK titans and FBs dont attack each other.

They have a nice quiet talk in a bar, sipping dwarf blood from masterwork gabbro goblets. They are civilized beings, of course they don't shed the blood of each other over such petty differences  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

A benign Titan, an evil Titan, and a forgotten beast walk into a bar..the bartender glows with happiness, has trouble breathing due to dust, and dies of magma lung syndrome

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »

A benign Titan, an evil Titan, and a forgotten beast walk into a bar..the bartender glows with happiness, has trouble breathing due to dust, and dies of magma lung syndrome

Good one  :D

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 09:12:28 pm »

Yeah, I had one of those as well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The thing must have looked like a cross between mothra, a dinosaur, and Dumbo.

My first thought when I saw it was, "So it 'eminates an aura of giving and kindness', eh?  Does that mean it won't attack my dwarves?"  When I unpaused it immediately headed straight towards my dwarves and attacked them.  "Hmmm.... I guess that's a 'Nope'!"
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2012, 12:22:22 am »

It just has that "friendship" kind of atmosphere around it when it kills your Dwarves.

WriterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2012, 12:50:03 am »

... butterfly?

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2012, 01:38:02 am »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

It indeed is a kind creature of good. It is ridding the mountains of the evil midgets that infest it and thus making the world a safer and more peaceful place for the elves and other peace loving creatures.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]