Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: PRAISE ARMOK!!!  (Read 8996 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: PRAISE ARMOK!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 07:24:20 am »

Fair enough, I thought of the new testament anyways. But yes, the old testament god was... morally ambiguous.

And decorating halls with skull totems ? Stockpiles, man.
Not good enough. I want to loo(k) at a wall and see bone decorations instead of engravings. I want goblin skeletons in humorous positions in my statue guarden! More seriously, it's just about creating athmosphere. Skull totems lying on the ground just don't cut the butter for me. But hey, maybe, one day, my dream of a horrifying temple will come true.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
Re: PRAISE ARMOK!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 02:29:58 am »

I see, and has always seen, Armok as an avatar of Khorne.

As such, I build temples full of skulls and blood and brass thrones to honor him, and I shed blood in his mighty name.

Armok isn't an Abrahamic faith god, he's not a jolly nice old grampa that will send you rain. He is a god of bloodshed, war and violence.

I see Armok in the form of a colossal, four-armed dwarf whose body is made of burning-hot iron, beard is made of fire, blood is made of magma, eyes are made of red gems, and he towers above the mountains. Where he walks, the grass burns. He wears a shield in one hand, a hammer in another, a pick in his third hand and a battle axe in his fourth hand. . As such, Armok is the pinnacle of dwarven-ness.

Basically, he's a grim, battle-loving giant badass that is best worshipped by conflict. Anger not Armok, because wrath is his only emotion and it is terrible to behold.

Killing stuff in slightly overblown death traps amuses him, and he does enjoy bloodless conflict, but what he relishes most is bloodshed. And Armok cares not from where the blood flows, only that it does.

Armok doesn't look like a dwarf he is incomprehensible.
the first dwarf (The Mountain King) was born after Armok and wasn't created by him,
dwarfs weren't made in the same form as Armok.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/On_the_origins_of_dwarves
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]