Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So why is it called Slaves to Armok: God of Blood?  (Read 1841 times)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So why is it called Slaves to Armok: God of Blood?
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:53:35 pm »

I'm guessing because of shit like this:

That's only the first page, mind you.  There's more.  This was supposed to be a dwarven bathtub.  It's now a festering, biohazardous pit of sludge and medical waste.  No wonder someone puked into it.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
I'm thinking, clean this crap up with DF Hack?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:55:52 pm by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: So why is it called Slaves to Armok: God of Blood?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:17:19 am »

I'd say a bath full of blood still fulfills it's sanitary applications.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:08:09 am »

yeah, the sheer amount of blood dwarves track on to themselves is amazing sometimes. Whenever a miner walks through some water hes mining in and it flows, an entire river of blood starts pouring out, I accidentaly, flooded a part of my fort, and when it was all over and done with, the only thing that shocked me was the sheer volume of blood everywhere. I thought my dwarves were all bleeding to death ther ewas soi much blood. It Doesn't help that the FB's blood has cats tracking blood everywhere and on everyone.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:26:36 am »

Inside Dark Subterranean

I'm surprised nobody seems to have tried to clean up.  Only space I've seen look anything like that bad was an above-ground weapon trap with a roof over it so the rain couldn't get to it.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 01:30:58 am »

Frankly, I'm surprised my brooks haven't turned red with blood yet, what with all the... everyday occurrences happening.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:15:28 am »

Because it's the second in the series, the first on is available somewhere on his site. That one had 3D effects and everything, but the engine was really bloated and hard to edit and etc etc he started again with II and this is the result.

I think.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:36:51 am »

I once had a FB whose blood triggered a syndrome. This syndrome was on contact with said blood, and caused moderate, non lethal, localized bleeding (to dwarves. small animals such as turkeys, cats, and bunnies would die from it).

Dwarf A bleeds on floor, and the syndrome passes. Dwarves B to Z step in the blood and catch the syndrome. Repeat. Dwarves continually caught, survived, and recaught it for the remainder of the fort. You know not of blood. Upside was, there was never a catsplosion incedent in THAT fort.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:08:33 am »

Because it's the second in the series, the first on is available somewhere on his site. That one had 3D effects and everything, but the engine was really bloated and hard to edit and etc etc he started again with II and this is the result.

I think.
It was still quite fun, though. A kobold wearing clothes made from a guy's skin and wielding a sword made from TREE BARK was pretty funny to look at.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 04:12:01 am »

I imagine being stabbed with a sharpened cinnamon stick would sting a bit.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.