Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12642 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2012, 07:19:05 am »

Nessara was dismayed upon hearing the 'King''s reply, but one thing struck her ears. It was speaking as if time was a tangible thing, as if it was just like chaos.

As if it was magic.

"I'm a what now? I'm a human, not a time. And when were you forced into their servitude? Are there any groups other than the Chaos thief that you know about that could help?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2012, 09:07:57 am »

Panril could hardly contain his excitement. His tail wagged happily from the opening in the bright orange robes and a wide toothy smile crossed his face as his eyes looked at every square inch of blade, handle and all. Had he really just stolen a magic dagger? This was certainly a step up from his failed attempts to steal fruit from a farm. He was starting to feel like his old self again. He didn't need any other thieves to be masterful at theft and the dagger was a testament to that. Happily he attached the dagger to his knife belt, removing an old chipped dagger in the process.

The goblin looked up, realizing exactly where he was, in the middle of nowhere. He wasn't exactly sure if it was the best plan he'd ever had, but he remained hopeful that there would be untold riches just waiting for him. Under his breath he apologized to the girl who was now miles and miles away. He knew that he wouldn't take that job she set up for him, at least not if he didn't have to. If there was a bigger city than this one he'd want to see it, and with all the trinkets... It just occurred to him that he didn't have a fence here. His smile quickly faded to a look of grimace. He would have to take that stupid job wouldn't he? Hopefully he could ditch them in a city or something. Anything would be better than a border town.

Look for the job the girl talked about.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2012, 09:14:41 am »

Oza wondered if this strange creature was related to the attacks...

He took a block of grain oat from his pack and offered it to the animal, speaking calmly.

Action: Offer the animal some food, coax it down.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2012, 09:13:06 am »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
Forgetting that you have no food to offer the strange beast, you reach into your pocket and offer it one of the crystals you harvested. The beast jumps down almost immediately and takes the crystal out of your hand. It runs off into a corner and begins to gnaw on its "steal."
----Nessara Idyll----
Meppy shifts in his form, becoming much more robust. Sort of. He looks much more poofy than he did. And his head seems to have distorted, developing a cartoonishly large chin and jaw. He puts on a rather large smile with his newly misshapen head, and speaks once more.
"Well, I do say miss! A time that doesn't know that it's time! I'm an oddity myself, but YOU take the cake! Chaos in servitude, and time without time! We're both a paradox, and that's what will save you in the end!"
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You wander around for a while, looking at every corner imaginable, possibly only due to your frame. Your old rival sent you away to here knowing you couldn't cause any more trouble than what's already around, and it was her little way of trying to reform you. There'd be none of that, not on your watch! You rush around in a hurry, eventually finding your destination just outside the frontier walls.
A building large only to yourself stands in front of you, in front of it a sign. This is apparently the Frontier Expedition Office.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:37:40 am by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:33 am »

Go down, and meet the man as he says.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2012, 09:31:08 am »

Oza felt dumb for a moment.

"Naturally, it's a metalivore, Oza. Don't you remember our teachings?" chided the good natured spirit within.

Action: Wait for the creature to finish eating, and offer it another. Try to befriend it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2012, 09:47:37 am »

Nessara looked back at the creature with a confused expression, the strange, flatlined features didn't help her comprehension. The way in which it referred to itself, being an elemental in a non-magical vault and with it's essence gave her doubt. It didn't answer her question directly, yet she wondered if she was actually onto something.

"So...Time is a magic now?

Um, will you help me?"

Question Meppy!

It was worth a guess, no matter how far-fetched it sounded. Nessara did doubt that she even knew magic, but every path needed to be considered in fighting this threat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:14:24 am by Tiruin »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2012, 10:52:17 am »

Well... This is it. Let's see what I've gotten myself into.

Enter the office!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2012, 04:30:33 am »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
The beast finishes the crystal rather quickly, and comes back for another. You oblige, and it runs off again. It comes back once again, and sits down. It doesn't seem intent on staying. Still, it's rather small for an ore eater. You've only heard of five in existence, and they're rarely smaller than a mountain. The dwarves have cities established on four of the five, but you've heard the fifth was too dangerous. Apparently the size of a continent, or something like that. This little guy looks like he wouldn't harm anything unless he had to. Is it a he?
You decide to name it, before moving on.
<input name acquired>
----Nessara Idyll----
Meppy keeps his previous tone and shape. He's all laughs now that he's figured out whatever he's been talking about.
"Ahahahahah! Help? How? I'm just a book! It's against my creed! Bahahah! I can't take it!"
He clears his throat after his little fit of laughter and shifts back to a less zany form and tone.
"Sorry little lady, I can't help you. Magic is everything but time, but time is everything. Chaos is nothing, but at the same time all. You can't learn chaos as a time, at least not as you are now. You need to lose a little before chaos can touch you."
----Lilith Zetal----
You follow the instructions of the woman. The building was rather mundane, but the forge that you saw consuming the bottom floor you now stand on is rather massive and artsy. It seems ancient as well, writings in old tongues you saw in the forests during your training line it in various areas. You never learned any of it, but it's still an impressive language to behold. The woman stands in front of the forge, and removes the cloak that concealed her body from you.
What you see is neither human, nor dwarf, nor elven. It's not even flesh and blood. The woman you were talking to now stands before you as one of the rare and elusive metal fairies from tales of the past. Her wings spread out, a transparent green, and her matching eyes pierce through you with extreme power. You suppose not all fairies had been wiped out in the purge that happened 10 generations prior.
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You open the door leading into the office, and are greeted immediately by a fyrm with his legs kicked up on a small desk. He points you to a stack of rocks.
"Well, a goblin eh? Not too rich of one by the looks of it. Hah! How'd a little guy like you survive so long with such a measly body? Well, not like it matters. Kid if you go into the frontier and survive, that little body you tout around with such pride will evolve into something like the body of a vicious fyrm like myself. All people going in have to pass a test. Can't have nobodies getting killed in there where we can't find'em, ah? There's a small box of enchanted stones in the corner. Take'em to the main gate and back here without any help, and I'll consider you accepted. You up for a little labor?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:09 am »

Panril cried a little on the inside. Not only did he not have a fence, but it was likely that he'd have to do hard labor just to get further out. He shook his head in an attempt to stop thinking such thoughts. If this failed he could always follow a carriage on foot to the next town. He took a deep breath, straightened out his bright red robes and walked up to the small box, trying to pick it up. He hoped it wouldn't be heavy, but he knew it would be. Maybe he should just follow a carriage instead?

Lift the box and walk to the town gate and back.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

Nessara shuddered at what Meppy might mean by 'lose a little', considering his temperament. If her logic was right, then Meppy was telling her Time was a Magic form...if her understanding on inferred hypothetical syllogism was right.

"So...can I protect others from Chaos, as Chaos cannot touch me?"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:15:09 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]