Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Idiots withholding containers from the other idiots  (Read 8577 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idiots withholding containers from the other idiots
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 11:57:22 am »

Wish our dwarves could use backpacks and hauler equipment so this wasnt needed.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »

Really noticing the change when I designate a single item to be made, then try and use it before the dwarf puts it in the stockpile. Kind of getting annoying I have to admit, but no progress without pain I guess.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »

I've noticed this too, especially the dance.  My game crashed as soon as I noticed it, I thought it was a bug.

Would wheelbarrows help?  Say you have a one-square, one-bin ammo stockpile with a wheelbarrow, and you unforbid a bolt from a battle.  Will the dwarf take the wheelbarrow or the bin out?

Muddy Mudstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »

Really noticing the change when I designate a single item to be made, then try and use it before the dwarf puts it in the stockpile.

I often resort to forbidding the item, which makes the job of moving it to the stockpile go away completely. Then claim the item again and use it straight out of the workshop.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

a bag only holds 20 seeds

Someone has modified your bags, sir.   :)

Correct.  The default bags hold 100 seeds.  However, each bag can only hold one type of seeds.

Also, you normally max out at 200 seeds of any particular type from eating or processing, but you can go above that by trading for more.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Muddy Mudstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 11:49:14 am »

Just a footnote for anyone trying the workaround: if the items are in barrels on one stockpile, and another stockpile is set to take from it, but is set to zero barrels, it seems that it won't ever get the items. So they both have to have the same setting, both being barrel-enabled. That's my possibly incorrect observation, anyway.

(Edited, because both being barrel-free would be pointless.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:58:21 am by Muddy Mudstone »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 03:47:13 pm »

Just a footnote for anyone trying the workaround: if the items are in barrels on one stockpile, and another stockpile is set to take from it, but is set to zero barrels, it seems that it won't ever get the items. So they both have to have the same setting, both being barrel-enabled. That's my possibly incorrect observation, anyway.

(Edited, because both being barrel-free would be pointless.)
I mentioned the same thing with bins.
Pages: 1 [2]