Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Any space ship games?  (Read 15711 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Any space ship games?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:54 pm »

0x10c
when its out
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Any space ship games?
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

I'm assuming you mean games where you directly pilot a ship?

X3:R (as people have already said) is a great 3D game, especially with a joystick.

Star Control II/The Ur Quan Masters (UQM being a remake of the ancient SCII, for modern computers) is a great choice if you like top-down spacey shooting with a keyboard.
Yes, I was looking around to see if this would be mentioned, and so far, it's the only other time it was mentioned. I'm in agreement to this game, it's one of the greatest sci-fi experiences to ever grace the computer screen.

Get it. Be a *happy camper*.

The X-Wing series was pretty awesome too. Tie Fighter has, by far, the best story; but if you want to orchestrate a crap-ton of battles (skirmishes and melees), have tons of ships to include in battle (up to 12 ships per team, or 8, or 6, or 4, or 2, or 1; and with a bit of modding, pilot Star Destroyers and such, and have starship vs. starship matches as a starship), and even fly through the Death Star II tunnel, play X-Wing Alliance, and go to XWA Upgrade for graphics more fitting to your graphics card and today's standards. It's still in development, and these guys are awesome.

Darksaber's site (link within) should have a packaged file that can install all the updates as they are/been released for you; sometimes a surprise addition comes along ripe for downloading. He's done a fair share of the upgrade modeling. You gotta compare what the game originally had with the upgraded versions. Be amazed.

Son of a....you just made me reinstall that when I get home, and break out my venerable Saitek and hope it still works.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]