Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I get my masons to use blocks instead of regular stones?  (Read 3566 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get my masons to use blocks instead of regular stones?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 03:50:32 pm »

Blocks are very convenient for megaprojects now with the x4 production rate, but that's about it.
With the new drop rate, doesn't that make them just as available as both rocks and blocks used to be, but without the reuseability of rock?
The actual number of rock blocks available early in a fort is higher now, due to the drop rate of boulders not being tied to miner skill level any more.  Once the early fort period has ended the gain is gone since higher skilled miners used to leave more rock behind.  So, effectively, you have more blocks early in a fort now but the same amount later in the fort.  The speed at which a mason can crank out blocks is 400% higher that it used to be, however.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 [2]