Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Settling in a haunted forest.  (Read 592 times)

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Settling in a haunted forest.
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:09:09 am »

I haven't even gotten started yet, and it's raining loathsome filth. What a happy beginning for this no doubt successful fortress. I'm looking forward to more evil weather, the world I genned has 100 types of both evil rain and clouds. Stay tuned for more weather reports, I guess. Haha.

Weather Report #1:
Filth is raining from the skies. The dwarves are unhappy, but deal with it. Those exposed seem to be experiencing dizzyness. As a result, dwarves are now taking shelter underground. The hole is open to the surface, and air passes freely into it, so no cloud protection. I look forward to seeing more effects of evil weather.

Weather Report #2:
Filth again, this time causing blistering. Most dwarves are underground and do no experience this effect, but my woodcutter and carpenter are exposed. Still no defence against clouds.

Weather Report #3:
It's still raining filth, both the blistering and the dizzying kind. It's been raining so long, the entire map is now covered in filth. Going outside has become somewhat dangerous, despite the mild symptoms. Continual exposure to the filth causes serious blistering, forcing the dwarves to rest in a bed while recovering. As a result, not much hunting is getting done.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:01:53 am by Dude_Jebawe »

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Settling in a haunted forest.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:38 am »

Wait for the instant death clouds.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Settling in a haunted forest.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:00 am »

Looking forward to them.^^