Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Errors: "Color Mod Not Used" and "Unrecognized Color Token"  (Read 1442 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello again :]

My creatures are coming along nicely, but there's one little thing I haven't been able to fix.

Here is my error log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the creature file. I've been looking for formatting errors and inconsistencies, but haven't noticed anything unusual yet. I mean, "GRAY" exists as a color, but "1" certainly doesn't. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes might be able to weed out whatever typo(s) are causing this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Errors: "Color Mod Not Used" and "Unrecognized Color Token"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:36:23 am »

Few opening [ are the first thing that I notice on your TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ANTENNA:POMPOM:TOP] line and on the
Code: [Select]
SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL]
TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100]
APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
APP_MOD_NOUN:nails:PLURAL]
paragraph.

If you are still getting areas after that, then my first guess would be that you dropped a ':' in your color list somewhere and the game is messing things up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Errors: "Color Mod Not Used" and "Unrecognized Color Token"
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:48:51 am »

That nails paragraph is commented out in the standard Dwarf file, where I initially copied the template from, and the pompom line is commented out for debugging purposes.

Nevertheless, activating them didn't fix the errors. :( However, I did manage to get rid of two of those errors by fixing issues with the eyelash and whisker tissues.

But the final error "MOOGLE Color Mod Ending With (GRAY,1) Was Not Used" still eludes me, and I still get the giant list of "Unrecognized Color Token: 1" underneath. I found the missing : symbol in the colour lists! Just that one error to go, then.

Edit: All fixed! :D That last problem was because the color modifier for the eyelashes were attempting to select BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYELASH, which was incorrect. It should have been EYELID:EYELASH.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:04:41 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.