Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible werecritter  (Read 1739 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Possible werecritter
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »

Can you post a save?

Done.

There's a weaponsmith having a mood down in my magma works (Shift+F8), and he doesn't seem to want to grab the rest of his materials. Any help there would be appreciated, too.

Two questions for you,

Year?
Thrips?
Does your four word migrant have Tracker?  Knutor

The year is 252, I've never seen a Thrip before, and he has no Tracker.

EDIT: Was just reading a combat report from one of my fishermen. It looks like he pulled some salmon out of the water with enough force to knock him off the edge and into the river. Looks like carp have a new contender. :D

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:45:21 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »

Interesting.  I think sponges are the new carps, not salmon.  The cool thing is your fisherman didn't die, since the water has a ramp now.  Thats gotta be one of my favorite fixes to the game.  As it was a huge chore to ramp all those murky pools before, and paint off the others, restricted.

My four worder has Tracker, and the four worder didn't leave a pile of trinkets so I think he's a normal.  I've gotten one worders too.  Maybe the trinket pile was fixed in 10.  Dunno.  You might have a night creature there.  Though I don't think they arrive as migrants.

Maybe save and open region in legends viewer and see how he got the other names, maybe he tamed all the dingos in the last region he was in, before arriving in your region.  How olds that four worder?  I'll check mine.  *shrug*

Aban Imiketur Gemesh Gigin, "Aban Chuckboulder the Conflict of Flowers" male, 140, 3 kids, former member of three other things.  I guess they are fortresses.  The New Anvil, The Fuscia Doctrine, and the Order of Venerating.  Worships 5 gods.  He arrived on 20th Limestone in the year 695.

What does your four word guys translate into english as?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »

Well, it looks like I had one of those invisible ghost-pires that was able to drain life after death, since burying the dead dorfs seems to have worked.*

In other news, Mistem Vumomfeb, the new commander of my crossbowdwarves and now mayor of my fortress, is a 242 year old vampire. He was one of three dwarves cursed to wander the night in "Containwheels". 'Vampbow1', as I've ingeniously named him, was cursed in the year 88. The other two were cursed in 161 and 189 respectively.

Out of curiosity, I looked him up in legends mode.

Born in the year 11 of unknown parentage, he became the holy steel of The Sect of Bastions in the year 70, ruling from Containwheels. 18 years later, he profaned The Cobalt Shrine, causing Ral Cobaltsteels to curse him with vampirism. It only took four years before he aroused enough suspicion from a murder to make him move to Soldierbridges. 1 year later, he became a hunter. The same year, he aroused more suspicion from yet another murder. For the next 161 years, he traveled the world, racking up an impressive 1962 kills.

Throughout his travels, he became a woodcutter, potash maker, farmer, ranger, miller, fishery worker, architect, administrator of Ridergear, a trapper, metalsmith, woodcrafter, clerk, bone doctor, woodworker, trapper, thresher, suturer, wax worker, strand extractor, and planter, before becoming mayor in my own fortress.

He's not as impressive as some other vampires I've seen, but he's getting a shrine anyway. Besides, as mayor, he demands it.  :D

*Scratch that, the lasher was a 237 year old vampire with 3669 kills, about 3000 of which were humans. Oh well, time to build some shrines
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:44:18 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

"You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 01:42:04 am »

Can you post a save?

Done.

There's a weaponsmith having a mood down in my magma works (Shift+F8), and he doesn't seem to want to grab the rest of his materials. Any help there would be appreciated, too.

Thank you, I have downloaded it and will take a look.  Please pardon if it takes me some time, Thursday is a busy day/evening for me and I rarely have time for DF.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 02:15:42 am »

Can you post a save?

Done.

Thank you, I have downloaded it and will take a look.  Please pardon if it takes me some time, Thursday is a busy day/evening for me and I rarely have time for DF.

Take all the time you need. The vampire problem was solved (sort of) and I can keep the weaponsmith in limbo forever by forbidding his iron. He'll eventually take what he needs, so I can wait until I manage to get my fortress running properly before pumping out some sweet sweet candy weapons.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »

Can you post a save?

Done.

Take all the time you need. The vampire problem was solved (sort of) and I can keep the weaponsmith in limbo forever by forbidding his iron. He'll eventually take what he needs, so I can wait until I manage to get my fortress running properly before pumping out some sweet sweet candy weapons.

Looking at it now. 

The weaponsmith is easy.  He's asking for "cloth...thread" which is almost always the hang-up when you see it because what he really wants is a specific type of cloth.  See this table: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Strange_mood#Demands

You only have pig-tail cloth so he's looking for yarn cloth or silk cloth.  Grab some of those webs and make some silk cloth.

EDIT:  Yes, it's silk cloth.  I opened up the cavern, set all your haulers to have weaving and changed the o)rders at the W)orkshops to allow for thread collection and auto-looming.  As soon as someone made some silk cloth your weaponsmith went into action.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:46:31 pm by Finn »
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.
Pages: 1 [2]