Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Human Caravan.  (Read 2880 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Human Caravan.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:47 am »

and, now for the FUN part, Human siege!
I thought that only happens when you kill the diplomat? At least, it speeds up the process.
"If their caravans are destroyed or if their diplomat is killed, regardless of cause, they will eventually send a siege force to your fortress. "
The Wiki
True, but not quite in the way that it sounds. If their merchants and diplomats are repeatedly killed, regardless of cause, then they will eventually send a siege. However if you just lose a group of merchants or a diplomat then all it really does is make them send less trade goods the next year. Just send the next caravan away with a nice profit and they won't care at all. It's when you have caravans and diplomats dying year after year that they get angry enough to siege.

Also IIRC it's not required to kill a diplomat to get sieges, it just really speeds up the process. For the "unhappiness meter" diplomats tend to count several times the weight of a caravan, so killing them will get you to the sieging level much faster.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]