Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solitary confinement  (Read 1194 times)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Solitary confinement
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:30:18 pm »

I was wondering how good of an idea it would be to create rooms with small internal food stockpiles, beds, and some nice statues, sealed off by levered floodgates, to contain unhappy dwarves? Seems like it would reduce the risk of a tantrum spiral significantly.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solitary confinement
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:31:26 pm »

It REMOVES the tantrum spiral, entirely. Dwarves dont give a elf's ass if someone goes missing. Just let them starve, and everyone will be happy.

Just have slabs ready.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »

I'm always doing this from now on.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:58 am »

Reminds me of the time I managed to build a 1x room AROUND a melancholy dwarf before he managed to die in the main room in front of all his friends. Wasn't having any of his tantrum causing shit. Found it hilarious imagining the dwarves going on their daily lives while he slowly starves then rots in the meeting room, no one able to tell he's there. I'm surprised he stood still the entire time though.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:01 am »

Personally I find that personal bedrooms + large dining room (less socialization) + mist generator + clothes; lets me suffer through just about anything and still come out fine. I one time had some like 30 dwarves butchered right in front of all of their friends and the friends just became content, not even unhappy.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:10 am »

I thought they got worried if they noticed their friends missing after a long time, but I guess not.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:48 am »

I thought they got worried if they noticed their friends missing after a long time, but I guess not.

Only if they saw the ghost. They will never get a unhappy thought from a missing, ever. Just make sure the corpse is never found.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

vicwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 03:46:46 am »

Atom smash those potash makers.