Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Probably Stupid Syndrome and Plant related question  (Read 528 times)

Random Players

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Probably Stupid Syndrome and Plant related question
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:45:55 pm »

Just want to know before I start scratching my head to figure out the tokens:
Is it possible to attach syndrome causing to a plant?

Like making a weed that causes (Very mild) blisters on the feet/legs if you are not wearing clothes.

Or maybe even for when I feel the world isn't deadly enough, a plant that periodically releases spores (or something. I saw a dust token on the wiki) that causes various negative effects like necrosis.

Sorry if this is just annoying to be asked.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Probably Stupid Syndrome and Plant related question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:43 pm »

You're not being annoying at all! We like to help people around here!  :D

SYN_CONTACT might work for the blisters. However there's no way to make plants themselves expel dust.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:39 pm »

Not like you want, but you can make plants that sicken you if eaten. This is a mostly untested plant but it doesn't appear on the kitchen screen and dwarves go crazy if they eat it, making farms even more important.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're not being annoying at all! We like to help people around here!  :D
SYN_CONTACT might work for the blisters. However there's no way to make plants themselves expel dust.
I think SYN_CONTACT only works if the material sticks to your skin, like a liquid. That's why you can have swords of solid poison with no repercussions.

You could have a plant that when eaten makes people expel dust for a time that causes nasty effects.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:14:36 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Random Players

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:26:02 pm »

Well, thanks anyway then. Atleast saves me the trouble of starting to create plants and going "ARGH. THE SYNDROMES DON'T WORK" and having to figure out if it's because the game can't support it, or I messed up.

Edit: Related idea, is it possible to have two ways to process a plant (even if it's not proper plant processing, but one of those custom workshops I remmember fooling around with once), one which has a % chance of creating a 'byproduct' which is the release of dust that causes nasty stuff (Like Zombiefication upon death) while the other needs other items, but doesn't cause that?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:29:18 pm by Random Players »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 02:40:29 pm »

Yes, and there are 2 good ways to administer the byproduct syndrome. Boiling stones (check Black Lung mod or Masterwork mod) and creating bees that die upon sting (interested check bee weaponization thread).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;