Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My fortress, Boltcradle. (34.09)  (Read 1698 times)

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My fortress, Boltcradle. (34.09)
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »

Boltcradle, founded in 6.

The story of Boltcradle

28 of Obsidian, 6.
The journal of Lorbam Urdimnog the miner
"Its been like, 6 months since we arrived and we already are ready for winter. Oh wait it is winter, hmm. Anyway, a noble came up to me today to tell me they wanted a !!Science!! room built for minecarts, so I said "Why do you need to study minecarts if your a noble?" He didnt reply after that so I went to go dig out his ugly !!Science!! room, I hope im not dragged into this!
Anyway, we have a farm, a "daycare", a bookkeepers room, a dineing room, and a huge stockpile room! And I made it all. Yeah, they say that miners are only there to dig stuff and be productive but I think that we practicly run the fort!"
[/URL]

(To be continued :D) (First dwarf fortress story!)
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My fortress, Boltcradle. (34.09)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »

12 of slate, 7.
From the diary of Oddom fathodgub
"Build this, make that! Dosent it ever end?! On top of that I need a certain stone that that idiot Lorbam urdimnog isnt supplying! Im suprised no ones died yet. At least the well is working in both rooms, our sewer is working perfectly through all seasons! Today im makeing a railtrack for the garbage. Il explain, I had this idea that we could transport refuse into a room and burn it all eventually. Great plan! Im just finishing my bui- "Oddom!!! Oddoooom!!!!"
Ugh, Gotta go, Kogans calling me to help him sort out the trade this month..."
(statistics)
created wealth:10305.
food:
Meat, none
Fish, none (Had to stop this industry because of carp!)
plant, 49 (Plump helmets!)
16 people, all healthy and well.
My goals this year are:
1:Finish the defence, we have goblin neighbers. DONE
2:Find magma (eep) NOT DONE
3:fix the drink industryDONE
4:make the grand farm NOT DONE
5:make the minecart transit system (MTS) NOT DONE
6:finish the dineing room (Big big goal) DONE WEWT!
7:decorations and whatnot. DONE
8:Make a military. DONE
9:move my trade depot inside NOT DONE
10:Remove the stockpile on the first floor. NOT DONE
11:make the aquaduct. NOT DONE

(P.s can someone tell me a more reliable picture upload site?)
(P.P.s If something exiteing happens il post!
(To be continued!)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:30:41 pm by Klitri »
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:19 pm »

Event 1, year 6:
Migrant wave! 30 people just showed up at our doors.
Event 2 year 6
We uhh..Just raided the elf caravan, Woo- Oh, I was just told to go get my wheelbarrow and "Hustle" to the trade depot. its packed!
Event 3 year 6
My lover, Tosid was just seen screaming something awful! I went to go see him... he was muttering something and ran to the carpenters workshop! I hope hes alright...
Event 4 year 7 (turns out year 6 was last year, dont worry bout it though)
Our first artifact!~ Batokbiban! The FLOOR GRATE!!! Jeez, it could have been anything but a FLOOR GRATE! at least hes a master carpenter now.
Event 5 year 7
Alath has withdrawn from society!!! He just started acting weird and dosent remember anyone, now hes claimed a jewlers workshop and started pushing everybody out of the way to grab something then ran back. hes working RIGHT now!! He made the... Oh wait, somebody got married! but they dont want a wedding party, oh well... anyway he made a ... Blue jade weapen rack! Sweet! Now the sherrif is soo happy, he actually HUGGED the man!!
*sigh* Event 6 year 7
The carpenters workshop was...blown up? and a bunch of cages lay scattered, no signs of foul play from our dwarfs and the cops suspect it was an animal, the masons shop was pushed a square back and the cops are putting cages with animals around to watch for sneaking kobolds. Il explain, Kobolds heard about the valuable grate and have been sneaking in to grab it, the artifact is now locked up and requires a dwarf to stand on the pressure plate while the other grabs it. Il try to find out whats going on though!
EVENT 7 YEAR YOUKNOWALREADY
START REPORT 10495:
CODE RED CODE RED CODE RED, DOOR HAS BEEN USED BY INTRUDER, LAUNCH OPERATION 19584= TERMINATE. SUSPECT IS UNKNOWN BUT LIKELY KOBOLD, REQUESTING HELLLP!!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:11:33 pm by Klitri »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

Year 7 is done, thats 2 years I have survived, and what a ride! wooow!  :P
First of all. 230 of you have read this, why cant you post?
second of all, my year end stats!
created wealth:43700
meat:none
fish:37
plant:270 (what?)
drink: 20 (its getting there :D)
people:54
We are now a village! All hail Boltcradle!
My nobles are finished, all the slots are filled and the demands are met.
My year goals!!
1:Start the metal industry
2:Hospital, Asap, Its getting to the point were cows are requesting Diagnosis...
3:Get ready for a seige
4:Get rid of these Kobolds!
5:Finish engraveing the walls
6:Move trade depot inside....
7:Find the cavern
8:Train the military with the new steel war hammers/axes and whatnot.
9:Wait for mayor, tick tock tick tock  >:(
10:Capture Kobolds so I can melt them there stuff.
If you have goals just Post
With the events, Im not trying to bump. Its so that you can see the events, honest!
Oh well, Lets begin year 8 (3)!!!

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »

The diary of tosid, 8.
Wow, Its been so long since I had a drink and the drink is comeing back! Yay!
Infact, when I went crazy something inside me told me it was all worth it, and it is! Im a legendary carpenter and I can sell little sheilds for 350 dollers EACH!
Life rules in Boltcradle, it really does. Those mountainhomes? What mountainhomes? This is MY mountainhome.
My wife Asen is a farmer, we are getting our own room because im royalty here. Fantastic!  :D (I wrote in that smiley face, useing a saw)

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 07:21:39 pm »

Events for 8
Event 1:Tosid (The trader) Had a fey mode, sadly, we cant supply his demands for "Adamantine". So hes going to get something bad.  :'(
Event 2:Asen, Tosids (the carpenter) wife is now a cheif medical dwarf and shes treating her first patient, the patient needs surgery,dressing,sutureing.
Oh boy.
EVENT 3:Worst thing JUST happened, a baby was killed by thirst, The elves caused snatchers to come so everyone was forced into the basement and the sqauds are looking for goblins that snuck in, AND the militia commander might be infected, GREAT!
Event 4: This isnt looking to hot, everybodys throwing tantrums, tantram spiral. After this crazy glassmaker that I never knew about attacked, we found 4 dead bodys! It might be the end of Boltcradle!  :-[
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:09:27 pm by Klitri »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:28:16 pm »

From the diary of Shorast, the potter
"We just made it! Yay! We heard so much about Boltcradle, we are finally her- Wait..Somethings not right here, why are so much dwarf bodies lieing around?
Whats going one? Hello? Im going to search ahead for a solution, I hear lots of shouting! Morul is running in to help! Morul! wait up! Oh my Armok!! They killed Morul! THEY KILLED MORUL, ARMOK HELP US ALL!!!!! Im not sure if I should but im going to scream to everybody to run into the safety room!
Wait, someones here "hello! Whats going o-" I say. "ShutUPSHUTUPSHUTUP END TIMES, THESE ARE THE END TIMMESS!!!!" he replys, hes writeing designs on the walls reallly fast. (10 minutes later) Everyones huddled up in the basement, they are all on edge really bad, some man was running across the bridge but was flung into a wall and...exploded?...Its getting really bad in here. Reallly reallllllly bad, it really is the End times"

R.I.P Boltcradle, 6 - 8.
(Aftermath)
When I first started boltcradle I didnt think I would make it a story on the forums, I came to really enjoy playing Boltcradle, I had a load of fun and was really suprised that I died to a tantrum spiral because last I checked everyone was estatic. I think it was that elven caravan that caused that baby to die. I can explain!
The elfs show up and thats when the goblins showed up to kidnap. I got worried and ordered the civilian alert. The baby was to slow and was left outside, thus causeing it to die. It was the first death in Boltcradle that ended it all. Please tell me what you thought of Boltcradles tragic tale.

The end.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »

Aw.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:36:39 pm »

Baby-induced tantrum spirals are so unpleasant.
Incidentally, may want to put this in the stories/successions section next time.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 07:58:44 am »

We have a stories thread? woops. Shoulda checked that before writeing a story.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »