Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military units not putting on new cloting  (Read 305 times)

vertinox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Let's Play Dwarf Fortress (tutuorial) Videos
Military units not putting on new cloting
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »

So I got a squad of five crossbow dwarfs who have been in the military for a while. They are set to inactive and aren't setup to train currently, however several of them are complaining about tattered clothes and the lack of clothes. Two of them have no shoes and are embarrassed about it. I have plenty of new socks in the stockpile ready to go, but they don't seem interested in picking them up.

The first solution I can think of would be to label the dwarfs for easy identification and then remove them from the military and then re-add them once their clothes pick up is done. I bet that would work, however I would rather have a real solution of either fixing their uniform or some other option to pick up clothing. I don't want them to just wear socks either in the uniform screen. I wan them to pick up socks and also leather boots when available.

Is there something I can do or should do?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military units not putting on new cloting
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:19 pm »

Issue a Station order.  They will Pickup equipment before reporting to their positions.  You can cancel the order when they've re-equipped.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Military units not putting on new cloting
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:20:15 am »

militia is a bit stupid in picking up clothing as part of a uniform when it replaces clothing. They are thinking so much of their own socks they left at home they forget to pick up their completely similar military issue socks

The problem doesn't usually occur when you set them to wear armor over clothing and just don't order them to wear socks, but let them figure it out themself. As long as you have enough socks ofcourse
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.