Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Great Roman-Era game  (Read 6696 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Great Roman-Era game
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

OMG Want to play nice for you?

You just need to elaborate more on what you're posting, spambots are completely capable of filling their posts with tons of non spoiler'd images using simple IMG code. Try tell us how the game works, which features are the most interesting in your opinion, etc.
The fact you don't use an avatar/signature/avatar text also raises suspicion since spambots almost never use them.

dehimos, you have no avatar/signature, you are a spambot... ::)

The Spambot paranoia continues...  ::) Perhaps spambots respond?  :'(

Any forum as big as this one will automatically brand you a spambot if most of your posts are like "this game is awesome, play it!
http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=583427

If they are so insanely paranoid delete the post then
Not sure why you're getting all grumpy over this?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »

Probably because this thread was intended for discussing a game, and instead has been appropriated for the more popular discussion: Is OP a robot?
Shoes...

nadia911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 12:34:00 pm »

Probably because this thread was intended for discussing a game, and instead has been appropriated for the more popular discussion: Is OP a robot?

good! Someone uses the brain

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:57 pm »

Game looks interesting, thanks for updating the original post with more information. I don't think I've ever played anything like this before, will try it out later this week when I have some more time.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

nadia, stop with the eyerolls about everyone assuming you were a bot thanks to your opening post. It had all the signs of spam before you put in actual details like you should have done in the first place, and then you get mad at us over your initial lack of effort? Learn from your mistakes and try to make more informative OPs from the start in the future. Whining about it just makes you look stupid.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »

nadia, stop with the eyerolls about everyone assuming you were a bot thanks to your opening post. It had all the signs of spam before you put in actual details like you should have done in the first place, and then you get mad at us over your initial lack of effort? Learn from your mistakes and try to make more informative OPs from the start in the future. Whining about it just makes you look stupid.
Couldn't agree with this more. Don't get mad at us for reacting to your post. Make better posts.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:20 pm »

God damn guys, we get it.  Let's talk about the game now.

It's a lot of fun, I've only played three games, seems like going for high speed and auriga skill (So you can take the tight curves without rolling) is the best thing.  If I don't roll over I usually win.

The multiplayer might be interesting, if all the various options are equally viable.
Shoes...

nadia911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 05:47:09 pm »

The only people who seem stupids are those who still think I'm a bot, even after responding...
The have put a link to a game that I thought would be interested, was a great mistake, was in my job and had no time to make a great post, never again happen, anyway I do not like to insult me or threatens, or in this forum is that allowed?
If you are interested in more information on the game look it up yourself, anyway if anyone appreciates anything and only get insults...
I gain nothing by making it known, just show it to you to have fun like I do, a mistake

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 06:16:53 pm »

FWIW, you should put the name of the game in the title. A thread with the game's name in it is better than, for example, "Great RPG game" which tells people very little.

And now that we've gotten past the initial bot thing, we'll endeavor to talk about the game. So you should relax a little too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

turnopia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 02:47:01 am »

Hi I am Daniel, designer of this game

:o

AFAIK nadia is just an enthusiastic player, I wish I have spambots but I am not that powerful.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the game. At this stage of development it is stable, right now I am finishing final race details like dragged aurigas or broken chariots as obstacles. I will try multiplayer mode then and probably more tracks or even a campaign afterwards

It's a lot of fun, I've only played three games, seems like going for high speed and auriga skill (So you can take the tight curves without rolling) is the best thing.  If I don't roll over I usually win.

Right now you are right, with future improvements aurigas constitution and quadriga resistance will gain relevance.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:03 am »

First Impressions: OH GODS LOUD MUSIC.  Needs Volume control or something on that intro music.  Seriously, I've seen quieter Metal.

Kinda fun though I'll admit, definitely something that I haven't seen touched on before.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:29:44 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 [2]