Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reg Oddomkalar, serial animal abuser!  (Read 719 times)

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reg Oddomkalar, serial animal abuser!
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »

This is too terrible to keep.

I read over on the thread about this game on the penny arcade forum, that giving a dwarf maxxed wrestling and turning on the hunting job makes a long lived hunter.

So I tried it, and it works good. I had enough meat that I tried starting a game without any food!

At first things were great! 10 meat from deer, 5 from a fox. Awesome! Until... a Cougar showed up. I didn't noticed until the red text came up, "Reg Oddomkalar canceled job hunting. Reason unconscious". I looked over and saw that the cougar was unconscious too. Surprisingly, the cougar woke up and ran off the map.

So I thought everything was ok as none of injuries suffered by Reg Oddomkalar were in the yellow, except one his eyes which was dark gray. But something was wrong, Reg would pass out every once in a while.

This caused a cycle of cruelity as Reg would hunt some poor animal, mangle the eyes and limbs, pass out, recover consciousness, forget about the animal he just mangled and begin his neverending hunt anew.

The end result was a forest awash in bloodstains and crippled animals. I was hope something really powerful would come into the game but after Reg Oddomkalar gained Very tough, Very strong, and Very agile and cripped another Cougar, I had to abandon the fortress.

If this game kept a log of the pain and suffering the woodland critters, I am certain that that "calm" region would been transformed into a more sinister one.

[ August 17, 2006: Message edited by: Captain_Action ]

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reg Oddomkalar, serial animal abuser!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:27:00 pm »

Hahaha, awesome

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 02:57:00 am »

hmm, maybe his lungs were damaged? or maybe eyes are really senseitive and he was pasing out from the pain? I dunno... seems kinda odd.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:00:00 am »

When you lose a body part, you've got to deal with that annoying SHADOW limb (or eye) thing forever.  To be repaired when scarring goes in.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Maurog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:59:00 am »

You couldn't stop him from being a hunter? Or did he get stuck on doing his current task, and wouldn't recognize he isn't a hunter anymore until he actually hunts something (which he can't do due to his 'condition')?

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 04:01:00 am »

I don't know, I think the animals in this game needed some payback for all the fortresses they've wiped out