Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: seasonal farming  (Read 699 times)

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
seasonal farming
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:30:50 am »

Why is it that underground crops have seasonal farming and aboveground crops dont. The opposite should be true. I actually like that you can't grow pigtails all year round but aboveground farming needs some improvements. Maybe aboveground farming should be linked to climate like in warm climate you can farm strawberries all year round but in temperate you can grow them only in summer.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: seasonal farming
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:45 am »

That sounds sensible. I imagine that underground plants vary by season for some gampelay reason, but then aboveground plants probably should, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:50:40 am »

During winter the flow of magicium is much much lowered.

Pigtails require a high flow of magicium inorder to grow.

Above ground plants, on the other hand, are solar powered
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:20:50 am »

Because the entire farming is a stand-in at the moment, and will be reworked some point in the future.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

I agree with the OP
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:29 pm »

Because the entire farming is a stand-in at the moment, and will be reworked some point in the future.

This.

Improved Farming is an ESV winner, and it's on the devpages to be reworked to be much more complex.  (It's very close to the bottom, but just search "farming improvements".)

And of course, there are very lengthy threads on the topic, already.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare