Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mass effect 1>2  (Read 4015 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass effect 1>2
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 11:08:22 pm »

I didn't read the xbox part up top .___.

And even if i didn't own one i do alot of work for them via saves, hacks, transfers, repairs, and destroying so i do know enough just i don't have my own to tinker with :P

Edit: also did you tried going into the other profile to the save when ask to import it?
So you didn't read the guys post, don't know what he's talking about, were kind of insulting and abrasive for no reason, and offer advice for something which you are completely unfamiliar with.

Genius indeed.
reread that one too :P

I honestly have no idea what you expect me to glean from re-reading anything in that post?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:03 pm »

I didn't read the xbox part up top .___.

And even if i didn't own one i do alot of work for them via saves, hacks, transfers, repairs, and destroying so i do know enough just i don't have my own to tinker with :P

Edit: also did you tried going into the other profile to the save when ask to import it?
So you didn't read the guys post, don't know what he's talking about, were kind of insulting and abrasive for no reason, and offer advice for something which you are completely unfamiliar with.

Genius indeed.
reread that one too :P

I honestly have no idea what you expect me to glean from re-reading anything in that post?
And even if i didn't own one i do alot of work for them via saves, hacks, transfers, repairs, and destroying so i do know enough just i don't have my own to tinker with
I work on consoles, android devices, macs, pc, servers for a living. Xbox i have started with tearing apart the old hard drive cases for data extraction. I was stating that i do have experience with the console just don't own one.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »

And yet you added next to nothing to the entire discussion. Besides getting hostile for no reason when you seemed to immediately assume he was playing on a PS3. Then somehow assumed he was on the PC somehow.

So yeah.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »

And yet you added next to nothing to the entire discussion. Besides getting hostile for no reason when you seemed to immediately assume he was playing on a PS3. Then somehow assumed he was on the PC somehow.

So yeah.
Thats true about the hostility part and i do apologize for that revo, stupidity works many ways in my life and you don't deserve the end of that stick >_>

As for his issue he has to consider either transferring the save files from a flash drive (have to format it to xbox and must be over 1gb, DLC will not transfer over but you won't need those) or give microsoft a call and ask for a account merger as long he has never went gold on the non-live account. Other than that would be hacking and fun non-legal stuff.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 05:38:04 am »

Talking to a friend today and apparently with certain games you can just copy the data in the system -> memory thing. Sign into the profile you want the data copied to, navigate to where your me save is, select the save and tell it to copy, it should transfer the save between profiles. Though apparently it doesn't work for every game so you'll have to just give it a go and see. If it's not going to work it'll just say it's unable to copy or something. Apparently this might disable achivements though, for what it's worth.

Let us know if any of this works. :P

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48:32 pm »

apology accepted. you can copy the data over from ME1 but it won't let me use that to create a me2 character. i tried this before i even made this topic. i'll probably end up just trying to get my account merged by microsoft or something

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

Ah grim times. Seems like a really badly designed save system, all in all. :(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 07:19:16 pm »

Ah grim times. Seems like a really badly designed save system, all in all. :(
Think the modelling from ME1 is still broken for ME3 and you have to rebuild your character and ME3 the default build if you have no save really sucks. Im afraid what would Dragon Age 3 would be though at least we are playing a different character everytime.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

Don't know how it is fox XBox, but for the PC there was a way to import the saved game for 2 back into 2, after running it thru some saved game editor (functionally, the same as playing 1 and choosing whatever you wanted). I think the idea is to start a fresh ME2 game, choose your name, face etc, save, then run the editor to flag it as Completed and then click on a lot of checkboxes for all the quests.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 06:06:43 am »

Is that gibbed's editor? You definatly can't do anything like that on the xbox AFAIK.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 09:11:10 am »

Is that gibbed's editor? You definatly can't do anything like that on the xbox AFAIK.
this would bring out my other solution which would be modifying the xbox and extract the files out of the HD.
Pages: 1 [2]