Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The old Wurm village died, how about a new one?  (Read 949 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The old Wurm village died, how about a new one?
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »

Should we try this again?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: The old Wurm village died, how about a new one?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:12:49 pm »

I'm on Wurm, but villages seem to come and go all the time.  Always being founded and abandoned.  Villages never seem to work out perfectly, but I've been thinking that raiding groups may fair better.  Instead of attempting a Bay12 village, we'll just do as we will and then on Friday group up, grab a boat, and go raid.  I can produce boats easy, sailboats and especially rowboats would be free for raiding purposes, but I could also make corbitas, cogs, and perhaps a knarr if I was feeling masochistic enough.

That said, if we finish the raid and people want to go home to the same village, then let them, but I can imagine it working somewhat better if we don't do a strict village and let people go to whatever settlement they want.  But, some community "let's go raiding" would encourage teamwork and maybe help bring the server together by extension.  We're a bit... lame.

Jenn-Kellon on Serenity in the Epic cluster, I know that I'm playing as well as Kodkod, there's a few others from Bay12 but they don't announce themselves as such.  If there's any advice I'd have to give to new players, it's to get in a village, and get premium.  Trying to buy premium time via in-game money isn't worth it.  Just bite the bullet and pay the $6 a month.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »

That would be so shweet. I know a place we can raid. C:<

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »

Myself and Kodkod are in an un-named, un-deeded settlement in an un-disclosed location.  I can provide boats, shields (wooden q55), and things like ropes and cotton and whatnot.  She can do great studded leather armor - it's not chain, but q60+ studded leather will deflect most monster attacks and is very cheap - and weapons.

If we're going to set up a "raiding league" then I'd like to get a list of participants and the resources we can pull from them.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »

but why you so un-disclosed?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 04:29:53 pm »

We've had issues with location and proximity, that's why we recently relocated to somewhere un-disclosed.  Either way, I'm close enough to SB to get there casually via boat so the rest is gravy.  Now state your name and what you can supply.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »

Flutterdie.
I can carpentry and if I try, get some chain up to 60ish QL