Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to do with bins ?  (Read 968 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to do with bins ?
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:14:00 am »

I have got plenty of stockpiles. I wanted to make them more efficient , so I made bins.
They get filled, but are left on the "furniture" stockpile. How do I move them to the correct stockpiles ?

I have have also made barrels. These work correctly. except that once on is empty it is brought back to the fourniture stock pile. Is there any way to assign these containers to their room ?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: What to do with bins ?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »

No assignment yet, though barrels should have more options in the future when burrows come in.

Bins work with most items, but not stone or wood.  If you have a finished goods pile for instance, they should start using any bins in your furniture pile once they get around to the haul jobs.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »

you know, i'm planning on making a furniture pile right next to my food pile in the game i started last night (strangely i've hit a bunch of veins and it's messing up my plans.. so far)

you reckon it'll help? regarding barrel movement that is.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »

Ok

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »

Yeah, if the empty barrels only have to move a short distance from food to furniture, it can help, but the furniture pile might get filled by other junk.  Having the pile interface that restricts to specific object types and so on would help a bit, since you could then do a "barrel furniture pile" or some such thing.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!